Guess who Just ordered something AWESOME :D

QuickSkope

Famous
Joined
Jun 21, 2010
Messages
520
ME!!!!!!!

PC is ordered, Processing and on the way.

il list specs at the bottom.

FIRST:

http://source.ncix.com/lp3/lp3_sweepstakes/ca/index.html

Spent 1750+250$ this month on NCIX stuff, So I get 50 free entries, bringing total to 250 Entries :D , hope I win something ;) that ARES would look mighty nice :D

anyway, I will post pics and unboxing videos and whatever stupid things I can find XD.

SPECS :D :

HAF X Case: 169$

X58 SLI3 MotherBoard: 200$

I7 950: 309$

Samsung DVD burner:15$ on Sale from 30$

Windows 7: 99$

MSI HAWK OC GTX 460 with Twin Frozr Cooler: 250$

850 Watt TX850 Corsair PSU:139$ with 20$ MIR to 119$

Corsair Dominator XMS3 3X2GB Triple Channel Memory: 189$ with 10$ MIR to 179$.

RaZer Lachesis Blue:39$ :D from 89$

Western Digital 500GB 7200RPM: 56$

1 Year Free RMA with Express Shipping : Free, cause im OSIM.


Anyone wanna ask anything?

IM HAPPY :D :D :D :D :D :D
 
I have a few questions.
Why the i7 950? The 930 is just as good, especially if overclocking.
Why the 850TX? There are better choices for the price.
No SSD? :(

Don't get me wrong, it's going to be a beast of a build, and I am very jealous. :P

And, FIRST!
 
No, PHobus this is a dry run, il explain.

This is basic, I still need to buy:

H50

SSD (when the SandForce Controller is not so Glitchy)

more fans :D

Another 460

Somethings that I need, but forget now.

TX850, cause it was 119$ ;) , TX750 was 150$ .

i7 950, cause its really close in price (atually 299$ for the i7 950, compared to the 930 at 289$ on sale)

Also, I wont be OCing till I get my H50, in a few months or weeks ;) , but the i7 has a 3.06 GHZ compared to 2.8 of 930.

Knew you would be the first ;)
 
No, PHobus this is a dry run, il explain.

This is basic, I still need to buy:

H50

SSD (when the SandForce Controller is not so Glitchy)

more fans :D

Another 460

Somethings that I need, but forget now.

TX850, cause it was 119$ ;) , TX750 was 150$ .

i7 950, cause its really close in price (atually 299$ for the i7 950, compared to the 930 at 289$ on sale)

Also, I wont be OCing till I get my H50, in a few months or weeks ;) , but the i7 has a 3.06 GHZ compared to 2.8 of 930.

Knew you would be the first ;)

SF-1200 is fine.
Ah, gotcha. I looked at the pricing last. $120 isn't bad at all for a 850TX.
And same with the 950. lol That's a really nice price.
I like how you say in a few months or weeks. lol

E/ When you take pictures, make sure you FOCUS them! :P
 
Come on Phobus ;) , Im taking PhotoGraphy 10, and im almost teaching the class :D

I can Focus ;)

Il Take some awesome pictures, Real HollyWood ones :D

Ok good. There isn't anything I can't stand less than horrible, unfocused pictures. SO IRRITATING! RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
 
There must be no rage in my thread!!! Only happy :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Think I have a shot at some of those prizes?
 
lawl, I win a laptop, would not be too shabby.

Also, wouldnt it be funny if someone with 1 entry won the 1750$ laptop XD , would be really agravating

Also, I think I screwed up :( , for the 460, I got the HAWK OC one, but there was a 1GB SuperClocked EE card for 250$, Probably should have gotten that one huhh?

Whatever, I got a hawk, and il OC the Bagesus out of it.
 
the entire TX line is meh.

The TX950 is the only one that is actually worth what it costs.


EDIT: Hawk is 10x better than eVGAEE. The evga card gets hotter than the stock cooler, and makes alot of noise.
 
lawl, I win a laptop, would not be too shabby.

Also, wouldnt it be funny if someone with 1 entry won the 1750$ laptop XD , would be really agravating

Also, I think I screwed up :( , for the 460, I got the HAWK OC one, but there was a 1GB SuperClocked EE card for 250$, Probably should have gotten that one huhh?

Whatever, I got a hawk, and il OC the Bagesus out of it.

MSI Hawk has more voltage control. It'll OC better.

the entire TX line is meh.

The TX950 is the only one that is actually worth what it costs.

He got his for $110 or $120. Not bad, especially with CAD prices.
 
Really Reflex? Id have liked the Modular ones, cept the HX750 was 175$, compared to the 120$ the TX850 is, I dont know Phobus says its a good deal, and I think I got it for a steal.

But Phobus, all the Hot Air from the card is gonna go right into the case, ohh but wait, I have a dedicated intake and exaust for my fermi cards (HAF X FTW :D ) so I should be fine ;)
 
Really Reflex? Id have liked the Modular ones, cept the HX750 was 175$, compared to the 120$ the TX850 is, I dont know Phobus says its a good deal, and I think I got it for a steal.

But Phobus, all the Hot Air from the card is gonna go right into the case, ohh but wait, I have a dedicated intake and exaust for my fermi cards (HAF X FTW :D ) so I should be fine ;)

The Hawk has a better cooler, so it will also be cooler, and less noisy.
 
Also, MSI uses All SOlid NO Whine Choke Capacitors, Its a big name, but it makes it SUPER quiet and no Squeeling.

BTW, My mom just got an Ipad for "work" and their Programmer just quit, so I may be able to fill the Spot, as shes just asking to make basic C++ and HTML scripting Apps, I basically need to port her cookBook to an App.

If I do it well enough, I can have the IPAD :D :D :D
 
Eh. I don't really like iAnything. They're overrated.
Good luck, though.
 
Really Reflex? Id have liked the Modular ones, cept the HX750 was 175$, compared to the 120$ the TX850 is, I dont know Phobus says its a good deal, and I think I got it for a steal.

But Phobus, all the Hot Air from the card is gonna go right into the case, ohh but wait, I have a dedicated intake and exaust for my fermi cards (HAF X FTW :D ) so I should be fine ;)

The TX series has out of spec ripple at full load. (not like that system will draw >600w ever). If i was buying a 850w unit i would like it to be able to safely deliver 850w.

The HX750/850 are much better, higher efficiency, and no ripple problem, plus they are modular.

The TX850 isn't bad, and it will power your system fine, its just that there are better PSUs out there.
 
Whatever, I like it, and it was nice and cheap, I do like the HX series a lot more, but not 50$ more ;)
 
Back
Top