Player attitudes according to maps?

Spartacus_Legolas

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
1,697
One of the interesting things I've noticed is the attitudes or characteristics of players on different servers.

At random, I'll play donner, flash, kalt, strand and avalance. (Donner the usual and Avalanche if I'm awake)

Playing on any server, I suppose every now and then you'll get the occasional person who doesn't abide by the rules or really severely tests the patience of admins, etc. and then the occasional kick or ban comes along with it if they really push their luck. But, I've noticed that while playing on all these maps, sometimes it seems some maps have more occurences than others.

It's like as though, there is a sort of trend... Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess I'm wondering if the map influences any of this or, it's consistently random that a player has a bad day and then says crappy stuff on a server.

The Donner server is relatively good. Every now and then there'll be a troublemaker who comes along and disregards a rule. That player is warned and, of course they either abide by the rules after the warning OR, they end up being kicked eventually if it's due.

Flash is pretty well behaved (at least the times that I've played on that server). Rarely do I find or see cases of players getting out of control or out of order.

Kalt and Strand are fairly the same as Flash...

Avalanche... that's one whole completely different thing.
At different times it's like 'wow' there are a bunch of people who really test the server rules that we stand for, etc.
It's kinda interesting that the Avalanche server really attracts these kind of people. Surely, if you play on a server long enough throughout a day, you'll have at least one or two occurences of some runt doing something stupid but, Avalanche has been fairly consistent with warnings, kicks and ban hammers coming down... at least by my observation.

Arguably, Avalanche is one of DoD:S most popular map, a classic of course. But, does this classic attract the trouble makers? Or are we just unlucky to get them coming into this server more than all the others?

A random thought...
 
Last edited:
Keep in mind that avalanche is by far currently our most popular server, so we get the most traffic through there.
 
Wherever redbud is, there seems to be a great attitude, from my experience with him :)
 
Wherever redbud is, there seems to be a great attitude, from my experience with him :)

thats a good point. When some regular pubbers or admins are on a server, the behavior is generally very good. I know that I go weeks and sometimes months between avalanche bans when I am on.

-Blue
 
Possibly due to the fact that avalanche is really the one map where it is quite easy to completely shut down options of attack.. most of the other maps there are other directions to move in if you are getting frustrated - apart from strand as allies of course! but if you play that then you know what you are getting in for.. although i agree that due to the popularity of the server, it is always going to seem like there is more acting up in avalanche!
 
Possibly due to the fact that avalanche is really the one map where it is quite easy to completely shut down options of attack.. most of the other maps there are other directions to move in if you are getting frustrated

have you ever played flash?

-Blue
 
Flash has so many regulars that everyone already knows the rules... Also it can get shutdown if they have MG's set up in the right spot and push them to there last flag :P
 
thats a good point. When some regular pubbers or admins are on a server, the behavior is generally very good. I know that I go weeks and sometimes months between avalanche bans when I am on.

-Blue


That's because you smell and everyone leaves :D
 
So the short version...
All servers are basically good, Ava is bad.
Ava is big.
Pubs help.
Ava has choke-points.
...and?
Flash propaganda.
Anzio /pout...I hack
You need a bath.
No I hack.
Garbage by Sumac.
 
So the short version...
All servers are basically good, Ava is bad.
Ava is big.
Pubs help.
Ava has choke-points.
...and?
Flash propaganda.
Anzio /pout...I hack
You need a bath.
No I hack.
Garbage by Sumac.
Yep you hit this one in the head.
 
I actually noticed a lot of the same occurrences that you speak of, but I must say even as recently as night I was on Anzio, and doing very well. I happened to be the only admin on at the time, but was told I was "BS" but a random player, that I have never seen on any eGo server (not saying they haven't played there before).

I took the proper protocols and noted a bit passively that I am legit, but that if any player had any issues, they need to post through the edgegamers forums.

This is same ole same ole situation, but just an example. not having played Ava in a while rather playing Anzio and Donner often, would have to say these situations come up almost every time (at least once per session) when I play Anzio. (Note: they are not always directed towards me as a player, and I am not a haxorerer)
:)

One of the interesting things I've noticed is the attitudes or characteristics of players on different servers.

At random, I'll play donner, flash, kalt, strand and avalance. (Donner the usual and Avalanche if I'm awake)

Playing on any server, I suppose every now and then you'll get the occasional person who doesn't abide by the rules or really severely tests the patience of admins, etc. and then the occasional kick or ban comes along with it if they really push their luck. But, I've noticed that while playing on all these maps, sometimes it seems some maps have more occurences than others.

It's like as though, there is a sort of trend... Maybe I'm wrong but, I guess I'm wondering if the map influences any of this or, it's consistently random that a player has a bad day and then says crappy stuff on a server.

The Donner server is relatively good. Every now and then there'll be a troublemaker who comes along and disregards a rule. That player is warned and, of course they either abide by the rules after the warning OR, they end up being kicked eventually if it's due.

Flash is pretty well behaved (at least the times that I've played on that server). Rarely do I find or see cases of players getting out of control or out of order.

Kalt and Strand are fairly the same as Flash...

Avalanche... that's one whole completely different thing.
At different times it's like 'wow' there are a bunch of people who really test the server rules that we stand for, etc.
It's kinda interesting that the Avalanche server really attracts these kind of people. Surely, if you play on a server long enough throughout a day, you'll have at least one or two occurences of some runt doing something stupid but, Avalanche has been fairly consistent with warnings, kicks and ban hammers coming down... at least by my observation.

Arguably, Avalanche is one of DoD:S most popular map, a classic of course. But, does this classic attract the trouble makers? Or are we just unlucky to get them coming into this server more than all the others?

A random thought...
 
have you ever played flash?

-Blue

yeah, generally found that even if you get tied in close to spawn by mg's and snipers it usually doesn't take much to break out.. the amount of times i remember having a long run to get back to where the battle is, next thing it is back at your own end! I think since the advantage can change quite quickly there it keeps a little of people's frustration away
 
Anzio /pout...I hack

hey! anzio deserves to be discussed when its a topic about "all" our servers, and the hacking comment wasnt about me... i cant remember the last time someone accused me of hacking.. i must be getting worse :crying:

anyway i just saw a pub getting kicked for constantly accusing an e of hacking, and thats what im talking about
 
Blue makes a good point. Ava is one of the most popular and ppl c it first when they get the game.
 
people usually behaves nice on strand, however every now and then there might come a guy on who thinks the rules doesn't apply to him/her. these people are allways dealt with swiftly before the situation skids out of hand....

keep up the good work guys ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top