Hate your job then you shouldn't complain (climbing a transmission tower)

well for a common person scared of heights, that would totally trip me out! i think osha needs to make sure that all workers that deal w/ transmission towers need to be issued a parachute in case they slip & fall (for whatever reason). i do hope that these guys go thru a rigorous bit a training before doing such a job tho. gotta say, they have my upmost respect. you could never pay me enough $$ to do that. that free climbing bit got me 1st. what scared me the most was @ the end.
 
my #1 fear is Heights, I was freaking out while watching that.
 
Wow.

I used to hate my job... but now...

Wow.

Being terrified of heights, I'll admit I screamed like a little girl (almost), and had to close my eyes when he got to the top and looked down. -.-'

Thanks Jarrod, now I can't look at transmission towers without peeing myself. =P
 
I don't care how much they would pay me, I would be too afraid to go that high. :scared:
 
My god.. the comparison in height compared to other buildings is insane. All the foot holds just get smaller the higher you get up. When he had to climb around the thing in the middle with the spikey balls I freaked out, didn't seem like much to hold on to, had to use both of his hands. I'm not great with heights.
 
Im usually fine with heights. This made me scared of em ;)


The first part was alright, then when he moved up after the first minute or so my jaw was just constantly dropped from the sight of everything.
 
Just another day at the office. No, really. I'm an electrical lineman. Yeah, really.
 
A base jumpers dream. Thats a crazy job, they should just get parachutes and save themselves time on the way down.
 
Toward the end I started to get a little nervous. I myself am terribly afraid of heights. I couldn't do this for a living.
 
The part that really got me was he had to stand right on the top next to the beacon. If he really went and wasn't tied down, I don't think the tippy top of the antennae would support him...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top