Filling our servers

fishman14

Poster
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
192
It has come to not only my concern....But many others too. Many Servers such as Strand (A.K.A. Charlie) is lacking something....Players :glare:. While when i joined (nearly a year ago) Strand was often hard to get into, it was overwhelmed with players. So I made this thread, I figuere mabye im not the only one who has noticed the change. And more importantly....How can we fix it? Any ideas? :confused1:
 
Seems to be bumping right now.. I know Anzio/Avalanche and Donner are usually bopping.. while Kalt and Flash have been getting hit lately.

I used to come online whenever and by late-morning, Kalt was bopping.. times change? I usually just open DoD:S, open the empty server, join spec and alt-tab out.. Every time I've done that, the server gets activity.
 
Solution: When you see regular players over and over invite them to become e members. You are likely to play more often when you belong to the community which will fill our servers more often. Also, establish a report with everyone; make people look forward to playing with you or "the other e guys" at around x o'clock on x day or whatever.

Charlie was lacking since it went down a couple weeks ago, but over the past two weeks numbers have been back up precisely because of the steps mentioned above. Furthermore, invite your steam friends to fill up certain servers. Most Donner regulars or Avalanche regulars, etc, are more than willing to spend 5 minutes to fill up other servers.
 
Please keep in mind that before you use the Strand server as an example, it isn't an Official map that comes with the game.. All though it is a 3rd party map, it IS in fact verypopular.. But I doubt even half of the players that own DoD:s even have it.. Maybe even less than that.

In my opinion it's amazing the server is full some times. I know it's popular because it is a near duplicate of the 1.3 map dod_charlie, which was a very popular map back in the day, but still. for a non official, non game packaged map, it does very well.. But don't ever expect that server to be full 24/7 like avalanche or Donner for example.. For the reasons I've already stated above.

Avalanche which is the only server I play on, is full.. No matter what time of the day. Even at 3 or 4 am eastern time I have had trouble joining up.
 
Last edited:
Strand is full at least once a day. There's a few of us that playon it regularly... though I do love when anzio has 12+ players and they send out a steam notice to help fill anzio when another server (like strand) has 0-2.
 
I love playing Anzio. its not always full or bumping...then I go play flash or donner. Ava - NEVER NEVER AGAIN...
 
Well there all good ideas and to get new members in is a great idea, but also remember that we are in vent also so if you need help for the servers you can give me a call on vent or on steam!
 
Strand is full at least once a day. There's a few of us that playon it regularly... though I do love when anzio has 12+ players and they send out a steam notice to help fill anzio when another server (like strand) has 0-2.

if you ever need a steam message sent out, just find an advisor on vent or steam. we will help you guys out as much as possible!
 
if you ever need a steam message sent out, just find an advisor on vent or steam. we will help you guys out as much as possible!
Nope i get mine turned down like.....nvm.
 
Having played dod for 10 years I find it is still a good game as you can at times cross the whole map and win in 30 seconds and whichever team you are on. The objective to get the flags I think is a point getter. Yes I know you dont see me on other games but I do play them Cod, Bf, css, TF, etc but I only stay for a short time then I am back to dod. Cya in dod soon.
 
if you ever need a steam message sent out, just find an advisor on vent or steam. we will help you guys out as much as possible!

Yeah what C-WHIT said if you need help getting it filled just ask an advisor and they will put a message out.
 
Wow! Definatly a hot topic. I Guess i hadnt relized it wasnt an orginal server, which may be an easy reason. But ive yet to understand what you mean by "
if you ever need a steam message sent out, just find an advisor on vent or steam. we will help you guys out as much as possible!" (C-Whit) are we incuraged to send out steam messages to "advertise/invite" people to our servers? Definitly a topic for discussion. Not only that but does anything keep track of how many people go on a server a day/week/month? Im not looking as much for reasons of why a server isnt always full (even though that may help lead to an answer) I was more on the side of the other thing metioned....How can we (we as in a communtity) help keep our servers full and happy. *which goes back to C-whit and others who said to invite others.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top