I need some Ventrilo help..

Tikeraaq

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
842
And YES i have read on their website, and i have read our tab with Vent info...

It's just not working... so, if you could help me..

Heres the deal.

I live on a boarding school in Denmark. This school got a giant firewall which prevents me from going on such things as Ventrilo, Steam, and a lot of websites...
And, that is really sad when i wanna be a part of this organization.
I've talked with the headmaster, and he have unblocked port 3784, so that i should be able to log on to ventrilo.. But i can't.. Sadface sadface.
Is there any other ports that should be enabled to be able to go on Ventrilo?
Anything..?
15K CC to the one who comes up with a solution that works..and is legal...!


~Tike
 
Ventrilo uses multiple ports, you cant open just one. In a locked down environment like that, it will be very difficult to use ventrilo.

I apologize, i may be able to help you get through a proxy filter but when your locked down via the firewall, theres no hope.
 
Last edited:
Hm, i dunno but if you can log onto the website i think that would be good enough but then again you cant play games so vent would be useful. I found this link:

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/749034.html

Dont know if its any use though.

This is useful information in some cases, but most cases will be a tad different.

There is no general range because if the Ventrilo server is purchased by a company than you will need the port of that server. If the headmaster is lenient enough to open the port to one of the servers you want, that should work.
 
Last edited:
This is useful information in some cases, but most cases will be a tad different.

There is no general range because if the Ventrilo server is purchased by a company than you will need the port of that server. If the headmaster is lenient enough to open the port to one of the servers you want, that should work.


I am just trying to get on to eGO vent server?
and 3784 have been opened, but is there any other ports that should be opened?
 
The eGO ventrilo port is 29272 try opening that.

Also, let me remind all of you that discussion of illegal work-arounds and other actions is not allowed in any form on these forums.

-Blue
 
Yes thank you blue , I am aware of that :) I have no intentions of doing anything against rules or illegal.

I will talk with head of firewall, and see if he will unblock port 29272.
Hope it works..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top