Argentan on life support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchoper72

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Oct 29, 2009
Messages
6,556
Well as everyone thought Argentan would be a great map for one of our servers. The only problem is no one is ever on it and seems to be dead like kalt. Also i was happy when there was 6 people on it yesterday to only be killed when they were all seeding. :glare:

So if we want this map to live get out there and promote it or if you are one of the kalt Revolutionary's......well ya not gonna touch that one.
 
There are more people on it then Kalt, im sure about that. I regulair see people on it. But its never gonna be like Donner Ava and Flash.
 
the problem is once the people that are seeding/starting or "promoting" argentan stop doing so, whos going to go play there? ive not heard anyone say argentan is their favourite map and thats what it takes for servers to fill regularly, you need people that want to play there, not just people who feel its their duty.
 
I SAY THAT STARTING NOW.. LESS COMPLAINING ABOUT KALT, MORE GOING ON ARGENTAN.

I'll be on later on after I'm done applying to places.

By the way.. It's only been up for a very short period of time... Jeez, give it some time before you declare it dead.
 
Last edited:
I for one saw no reason to add a new server. We all thought that the announcement was going to be a change to the Sniper Server. When we ask for a change, we get told to fill what we have. There is an open request that has support to get rid of the Sniper Server in favor of a Rush Style server. I just dont understand, with server numbers down, why a new server was added instead of re-vamping the defunct Sniper Server. I keep hearing in a quiet whisper that DOD:S is dieing. No, it isnt. But people may be getting tired of the "same old" server. I just cant understand why we added a server with one that already has almost zero play. Wanna make an Instant Respawn server a hit..... Instant Respawn Rush.

It is disheartening to see that Leadership wont try an idea by an eG. The only way to know is to try. Please dont let politics cloud the better judgement for eGOs prosperiety.

Please dont take the above as rude.. I am just being blunt about the subject.
 
Last edited:
By the way.. It's only been up for a very short period of time... Jeez, give it some time before you declare it dead.
When we were doing the trials that server filled up in less then a hour and stayed full but when it kalt changed into Argentan it has yet to be full or half filled.....To me its dead

I for one saw no reason to add a new server. We all thought that the announcement was going to be a change to the Sniper Server. When we ask for a change, we get told to fill what we have. There is an open request that has support to get rid of the Sniper Server in favor of a Rush Style server. I just dont understand, with server numbers down, why a new server was added instead of re-vamping the defunct Sniper Server. I keep hearing in a quiet whisper that DOD:S is dieing. No, it isnt. But people may be getting tired of the "same old" server. I just cant understand why we added a server with one that already has almost zero play. Wanna make an Instant Respawn server a hit..... Instant Respawn Rush.

Please dont take the above as rude.. I am just being blunt about the subject.
True
 
If i find me some more special juice me and greenlight will host a fun night in ventrilo playing on argentan again we got the server up to 24 people that night it was awesome! i know we can do it, if you need help or want to fill it pm people on your steam, i know i do it all the time and i am gonna bet half the 1's i ask come help fill it within minutes and server is up and running like anzio, so i know we can do this, and dutchoper stop with the negativity! and get in there and fill dem servers Brother! lol
 
Also, remember there are other 24/7 Argentan which have been around longer and, therefore, already have an established base. I guess this makes our job of getting our Argentan up a bit harder.
It takes a while to get ppl to start frequenting servers outside their usual favourites.

That said...

GO PLAY!
 
one must also remember, these maps were up for trials at that time ---- we were asked to play them at that time and decide on one. Just because it was 2nd place doesnt mean it was a well worth contendor for a 24/7.

Im also trying to make a simple point.... there are hundreds of Sniper Servers, there are hundreds of Argentan servers. There was 1 Rush server. If you want to see our numbers increase, then humor me and implement an Instant Respawn Rush server.... the map list is already in the drop box. I can guarantee it will draw the people. Its a game play that can get very brutal but at the same time, not once will you be bored.

as I said before.. what is the point of making a suggestion..... when thats all the farther the idea goes. My Rush idea already has player support... so I just cant quite understand the logic behind the 24/7 Argentan.

Ive said my peace.. Thanks

Matt.
SP.
 
Last edited:
I know it's sad but there are three maps I wont play, Argentan and the two bomb maps. Perhaps if we tried a rotating map and see what happen's.
 
If i find me some more special juice me and greenlight will host a fun night in ventrilo playing on argentan again we got the server up to 24 people that night it was awesome! i know we can do it, if you need help or want to fill it pm people on your steam, i know i do it all the time and i am gonna bet half the 1's i ask come help fill it within minutes and server is up and running like anzio, so i know we can do this, and dutchoper stop with the negativity! and get in there and fill dem servers Brother! lol
I try too but it always fails :/
 
Fabbrini, Quaffer, Smilodon, Blasphemy, and K^^:

Thank you. Seriously; the support is greatly appreciated.

Silent_Predator said:
It is disheartening to see that Leadership wont try an idea by an eG. The only way to know is to try. Please dont let politics cloud the better judgement for eGOs prosperiety.

I've rewritten the next paragraph 3 times, slowly calming down on each revision:

Please don't even suggest that it's politics. We spend weeks and months trying to get things done behind the scenes, and all you see is the end result. For the record, the only "support" I can recall about your idea was you coming to Angreifen and I about it, then Drop Boxing it. Nobody else has come to me regarding that. (No, I don't really need a PM storm about it either. I'd much rather see a PM storm from Cullmann about how we've picked up a hundred recruits in a month.)

Sniper Server - Everyone needs to remember something: we took that to #3 OVERALL at one point. It was the first of its kind, and went straight to the top. It was so crowded, packed, and unruly that we actually considered it to be the DoD version of Jail for a little while. What does all this mean?

We've proven that we can do whatever we want if the community gets behind it. The big news post about Argentan is on the way. The die has been cast, and we have a new Argentan server to play on.

For all you naysayers: If things don't work out, we aren't afraid to change them. Despite all the complaining and muttering about what DoD doesn't do, consider the following:

We have more servers than any other division. We probably have less Drop Box complaints than any other division. Our admins can go onto any server, in any eGO game, and feel comfortable admining when it's necessary. If there's a problem, it gets handled, and we don't pull punches when a job needs done. Obviously something's right with this division.

But this is the fifth thread on the subject in five days. Come on, guys. We knew going in that people would object. But you aren't even giving it a chance. I think Ronpaul said it best in the other thread, about how everyone remembers the "glory days". Unfortunately, those days were a few months ago, and Kalt was dead.

We're not going to stand around and have Community Managers keep asking us why a 24/7 is empty. (Obviously, that's not a good thing.) No matter what you think, those servers have a priority, and we will do whatever is necessary to get them moving BEFORE we deal with "fun" servers. We'll also do everything in our power to KEEP servers, rather than give them up to another division.

I really don't like closing threads, honestly, especially in this forum. We're not trying to "stifle discussion" either. We're trying to make this work, and you really aren't even giving us a chance. The reason I'm not closing this right now is because people are absolutely doing the right thing by at least trying to support this decision. We haven't started an all-out promotion blitz yet. We haven't started events on Argentan yet. We haven't even put up the front-page news post yet.

At least give it a chance.

TL;DR: Less QQ, more pew pew on Argentan. We'll see what happens. But at least give it a try.
 
We're not going to stand around and have Community Managers keep asking us why a 24/7 is empty. (Obviously, that's not a good thing.) No matter what you think, those servers have a priority, and we will do whatever is necessary to get them moving BEFORE we deal with "fun" servers. We'll also do everything in our power to KEEP servers, rather than give them up to another division.


^
if the server isnt "fun" to play.. noone will play it. Im not alone here in wondering why things are the way they are. Im not throwing stones Jeodd, I want to know why we are told when WE ask for something to go fill the servers, yet Leadership has its way and "boom" a new empty server is born. I/we dont see the logic behind this. And yes, Politics.... when the views of a few dominate the mass, that is Politics. Why is it always "behind the scenes"... in a community, doesnt everyone have a voice?

also.... there is no reason for anyone to get angry in any of this. We are having a discussion... a Mature Discussion.

edit: how can anyone come to you about the Rush maps when I was point blank told they were not going to be added to the event server for even testing. If anyone should be angry, it should be me for wasting my time searching through maps and writeing that proposal.
 
Last edited:
Enough.


Kalt is gone. Argentan is up. We do this periodically when a 24/7 server isn't doing well.

We got rid of the Palermo server, and it had many fans, even among leadership.

Silent, it stops being a "mature Discussion" when you rehash the same point over and over again. At that point it becomes browbeating.


If you have any more problems about the decision, I will gladly take them up in vent, but no more "Argentan is doing just the same as Kalt"/"Bring back Kalt" threads please. We understand that a lot of people liked it, but it was a decision that had to be made.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top