An EVE Battle Report



ego_eve_news.png

An EVE Battle Report

Sometimes in EVE not everything goes as planned...


A Happy Beginning

<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">It was late one recent Sunday night, and Milwaukee, EXE, Hala Kast, and your esteemed author decide to clear some sleeper sites in a connected wormhole system. Milwaukee is flying his Nighthawk, an expensive but powerful ship equal to two of our standard fit PVE Drakes. EXE and myself are flying the standard fit Drakes, ships that are no slouches in their own right. Lastly, Hala Kast is salvaging and looting the wrecks in his Cormorant, a defenseless ship fitted out to come in behind us and collect all of the loot that's left once the site is cleared of NPC enemies. His role is the role that actually makes us money. And with 19 sites to clear and only 4 people involved in the operation, the payout was looking to be pretty good. Rough estimates put the take at about 200 million ISK (EVE's in-game currency) per person. To put that into perspective, that's about four times the cost of the Drakes that EXE and myself are flying. Or put another way, 200 million ISK is almost 2/3 of the way towards being able to purchase another month of subscription time. In short, it's a lot of ISK and we're all looking forward to spending it on new toys.

Everything is going fine, and we're working on clearing site #5, when we spot a Helios -- a covert ops ship -- on our scanners. He's lurking somewhere in the system, but we don't know where. Mil calls for us to recall our combat drones to our drone bays, and for the salvager to activate his cloak. Now, while you can fit a cloaking device to almost any ship in the game, few of those ships can fly around a system while cloaked. The rest have to remain stationary while their cloak is active. A covert ops ship is one of the few that can fly while cloaked. Furthermore, when you're flying a covert ops ship, there are only two reasons to drop your cloak: to jump through a gate/wormhole into another solar system, or to launch scanner probes which will let a pilot pinpoint the location of other ships in space. Shortly after we see the Helios on scan, we see his probes on scan. This guy is looking for us. Things are about to get interesting.</div>

<div style="width: 500px; text-align: right" align="right">(Continue Reading...)


​
</div>
 
Haha when i left EVE I was just beginning my hacking labours and couldn't enjoy situations like this one.

Great story, hopefully it will attract some eGO's to the world of EVE.
 
For the first time i have actually had a spec of desire to play eve thank you very much.
 
damn... Makes me glad I'm such a noob I couldn't join up with you. I'm just out chasing down NPC pirates on early missions. Give me a bit and I'll join up.... hopefully not in that sort of battle!

GLRB
 
This news...it makes me QQ

Shame I don't quite have the time/money to play EVE...I loved it while I was able to play.
 
damn... Makes me glad I'm such a noob I couldn't join up with you. I'm just out chasing down NPC pirates on early missions. Give me a bit and I'll join up.... hopefully not in that sort of battle!

GLRB

Newbs can always be put to use while you train. For example you can scout and tackle right off the bat. With a little bit of training you can get in an assault ship and pump out respectable dps or get in a electronic attack frigate and make someone's day terrible. What good is an army with no grunts?
 
i was going to join awhile back buy didnt get round to it, this makes me really want to play, its intence, great team stratudgy, friendship and adrenaline! how much is it in ? to play each month???
 
Respawn, you have a talent for words. What a night that must have been for you all!
 
This makes me want to join the EvE division... Oh but damn it I don't have a credit card to buy a subscription :(
 
i was going to join awhile back buy didnt get round to it, this makes me really want to play, its intence, great team stratudgy, friendship and adrenaline! how much is it in ? to play each month???
It's 15 euros a month.
 
I think it's funny that all these stories from EVE are so spectacular and make me want to play it so bad. But when I try to play, the gameplay is so incredibly dull it makes me want to claw my eyes out. It's quite sad really.
 
that story made me want to play the game .... how dare you make me wanna do something :chair:

sounds like you guys had a fun night, its a shame you lost the cargo .. that was the sad part :(
 
Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Sounds really intense. :)

Maybe I'll try it out again next summer.
 
I think it's funny that all these stories from EVE are so spectacular and make me want to play it so bad. But when I try to play, the gameplay is so incredibly dull it makes me want to claw my eyes out. It's quite sad really.

Exactly how I feel.
 
That sounded very fun. Too bad you guys lost your ships! I may have to try EVE some day!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top