Nerf spies!

Doesn't need nerfing, it promotes teamwork. If you use a mic you can tell your team you just died, you can also just look at kills in the upper right. It really is rather obvious what is happening if you have half a brain.

Some/most of these chain kills happened in a matter of 5 seconds; relaying that you've died to your team, and then your team actually giving a damn is most likely 15 or 20 seconds alone.

Checking the killfeed isn't all that effective either, as you're probably more busy with someone else you're trying to kill. I'm not saying it's OP, but whether or not one would consider it OP depends, greatly at times, on the situation.
 
idk anytime i see a backstab kill with 2 or more in quick succession i turn around immediately XD AND if im a heavy make sure i know the name of my medic i fi have one so if they go for him first i whip around and they get minigun to the face
 
About nerfing the spy, lets not forget the disadvantage no disguise to start off with and if you do not land a correct attack you back to square one, now once disguised ya you can get those chain kills especially since this is a new update and I think people are still getting used to some new strategies.
 
I can't remember the last time Valve had an update that didn't get nerfed. Can anyone refresh my memory?

The Razorback got buffed, but that's just because it was pretty much the most worthless thing in the universe, ever (and I still don't find it all that great).
 
I was going to say "awesome video, epic spy" 5 hours ago, but then my internet went down.
 
I'm not saying it's OP, but whether or not one would consider it OP depends, greatly at times, on the situation.

You said it yourself, it is powerful in certain situations, and you are at a disadvantage in others. Sidegrade.
 
You said it yourself, it is powerful in certain situations, and you are at a disadvantage in others. Sidegrade.
In the nicest way possible: What's your point? Were you trying to say before that it's not OP or UP because of your potentially-bias view on it and its 'obvious' signs? If that's what you meant, then you would be saying that the normal player could react to the smallest sign of it immediately which, presumably, is incorrect.

I'm probably mis-interpreting something, since it's 12 AM here and I generally can't think logically at night; care to elaborate more if you can? NA,P.
 
Last edited:
idk anytime i see a backstab kill with 2 or more in quick succession i turn around immediately XD AND if im a heavy make sure i know the name of my medic i fi have one so if they go for him first i whip around and they get minigun to the face

I dont know how many times this has happened to me, but I merely whip out my DR and appear dead only to have that class turn back around and best part of this update is DR no longer makes any sound, so I uncloak and stab him :lol: . I love this update ;).
 
The Razorback got buffed, but that's just because it was pretty much the most worthless thing in the universe, ever (and I still don't find it all that great).

Yes, but it was part of the Spy Sniper pack, and the Dead Ringer got nerfed. (Then buffed and nerfed again if I recall correctly, probably not though). I'm not talking about specific items, just the updates in general. I think the last one without a nerf was the Medic update, but that was before my time.
 
In the nicest way possible: What's your point? Were you trying to say before that it's not OP or UP because of your potentially-bias view on it and its 'obvious' signs? If that's what you meant, then you would be saying that the normal player could react to the smallest sign of it immediately which, presumably, is incorrect.

I'm probably mis-interpreting something, since it's 12 AM here and I generally can't think logically at night; care to elaborate more if you can? NA,P.

Biased? I play Heavy the most. My point is that it isn't overpowered, any aware player can easily notice it.
 
Doesn't need nerfing, it promotes teamwork. If you use a mic you can tell your team you just died, you can also just look at kills in the upper right. It really is rather obvious what is happening if you have half a brain.

Unless you're on RED and there's a 15 second wait to respawn... by then it's too late :(
 
Wow seeing that makes me want to set up some chain kills (assuming the ones shown were due to inattentive teams :)). Ive herd that you can stab in sentry view and not be shot, but it is even more awesome that the sentry never notices you period.

I must admit when I first tried the ER I came to the decision that it pairs best with CD which is best on offense (where a sense of timing for a spy can make/break a game). And that the reg knife with the new gun goes with the DR on def (With the new gun you can be blatantly a DR spy). The flicker is what worries me about the set bonus (I'm going to craft the sniper hat first for when I 2fort :P).

With the set bonus DR sounds like the best cloak, but lack of disguise takes away every option for that first stab other than blind spots.

As far as mic/chat warnings about spies: This applies even less to ER spies as once they start their kill spree, their disguise is more random than a vanilla spy. This only applies to a ER spy if they take > 10 sec to make another kill.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top