Driver for 9800GT

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
Ok so im thinkin bout updating my driver. My current driver is 197.45 & the latest that just came out is 260.89. Has anyone installed this driver? Does anyone have another driver that they believe is better than 197.45?
 
Any drivers released after 197.45 are better than them. -_-
I have 260.63 (or the ones right before 260.89), and they're much better than what I had earlier.
 
Whatever is newest is the best. ( for nvidia)

for ATI, you have to try a bunch out and find what works best, although usually the newest ones work fine.
 
Well I downloaded 258.96, which is 2nd to the latest one. I couldnt find the driver that you posted because I found that it was a beta (even tho they have some previous beta drivers on their site). Anyways, hopefully itll help me out.
 
Just be careful. When I updated from 258.96 to the new 260.89 I some how knocked out my freaking sound card. Took about an hour to fix with re downloading sound drivers and crap... A real pain.

Besides that the drive seems to be working great.
 
Ya, well I dont plan to upgrade anytime soon. Even if I upgrade the video card, I will more than likely stay here until further notice.
 
i had to update to the latest, i was getting bsod's all over the place and it was related to my nvidia drivers. New one works just dandy
 
i updated to the lastest drivers 260.99 today, and it help out A LOT with Fallout New Vegas, im not sure about other games, but in the update release it added a couple sli profiles, nothing really major noted but it feels better than the 260.89 drivers
 

Latest posts

Back
Top