Various Game Help

Vexx

Thread Junky
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
938
Well, I've turned to the helpful members of eGO Tech forums to help me with this one...

So I recently got Fallout 3 on Steam, installed it, and got ready to play it. After loading up the main menu, I click "New Game" and all of a sudden... the game ends. No error message, no error report dialog box, nothing. It keeps happening too, no matter how many times I restart Steam or my computer.

Not just with Fallout 3 either, quite a few of my games seem to make it to the menu, then suddenly exit for no reason.

Sorry I don't really have any more info than that, just games randomly ending. =P

Help appreciated!
 
Here's my computer's build, as according to SystemRequirementsLab.

CPU:
You Have: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz

CPU Speed:
You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.3 GHz

RAM:
You Have: 3.0 GB

OS:
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card:
You Have: Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family ----
Video RAM: 256.0 MB
3D: Yes
Hardware T&L: Yes
Pixel Shader version: 3.0
Vertex Shader Version: 3.0

Sound Card:
You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

Hope it helps.
 
Use [ame="http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy"]Speccy[/ame] instead. Also, take a screenshot.
 
Also, have your other games always suddenly quit or is this a new error since downloading New Vegas?

My best guess right now (shot in the dark) is that Microsoft or something has decided that your games are a hazard to your computer and just stop them from running.
 
Also, have your other games always suddenly quit or is this a new error since downloading New Vegas?

My best guess right now (shot in the dark) is that Microsoft or something has decided that your games are a hazard to your computer and just stop them from running.

Well first, it's not NV, just reg Fallout 3. =P
And yeah, it's not the only game to do this. Civilization 4 does it often too, though I'll be in the middle of playing the game when it shuts off. Other games include: TF2, CS:S (on occasion), L4D2, and MLB 2K9.

At first I figured it was my graphics card just failing. But I'm not too sure now, seeing as CS:S has been crashing on me recently.

Use Speccy instead. Also, take a screenshot.

Changing my post. Clicked on wrong DL link. -.- Screenshot as follows:

Speccy.jpg
 
Last edited:
Well first, it's not NV, just reg Fallout 3. =P
And yeah, it's not the only game to do this. Civilization 4 does it often too, though I'll be in the middle of playing the game when it shuts off. Other games include: TF2, CS:S (on occasion), L4D2, and MLB 2K9.

My bad :3. Anyways, maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was: have you been experiencing this crashing problem with other games before you bought Fallout 3? Or is the advent of your downloading Fallout 3 the first time everything started going to hell.
 
My bad :3. Anyways, maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was: have you been experiencing this crashing problem with other games before you bought Fallout 3? Or is the advent of your downloading Fallout 3 the first time everything started going to hell.

Oh my bad. Yes, some games have been crashing before Fallout 3.
 
Well first, it's not NV, just reg Fallout 3. =P
And yeah, it's not the only game to do this. Civilization 4 does it often too, though I'll be in the middle of playing the game when it shuts off. Other games include: TF2, CS:S (on occasion), L4D2, and MLB 2K9.

At first I figured it was my graphics card just failing. But I'm not too sure now, seeing as CS:S has been crashing on me recently.



Changing my post. Clicked on wrong DL link. -.- Screenshot as follows:

Speccy.jpg

Is it a laptop? You will want to update your video drivers. You can find them at HP's website under Downloads or Support. If there are both, go to Downloads first.
 
Is it a laptop? You will want to update your video drivers. You can find them at HP's website under Downloads or Support. If there are both, go to Downloads first.

Nope. It's a desktop. I'll head on over to HP's site and Dl them. Is there any specific driver I need for video?
 
Can't seem to find any driver DL's. :\ Perhaps I'm on the wrong site.

Can you link the site please?
 
Downloaded, installed, and did everything needed with the drivers.

No change. Game still goes black, and goes back to desktop.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top