Be Proud

There it is, get it done DoDS, great work. It's no coincidence that Artimus posts this email the same day Jeod receives the Medal of Honor. Jeod and his team have trained each and every admin that is being praised in that email and, since I haven't said it anywhere else yet: many thanks and congratulations to you and the entire Admin Trainers team. It's through your work that this type of praise is possible. And congrats to our members that have recalled their training and made the decisions that have impressed this gentlemen and pubs like him. Set the standard, always.
 
Coming from the best division? Not to surprised.

Excellent job guys, everyone.
 
You guys should be proud! All of you always do a great job, and you work well as a unit.
 
There it is, get it done DoDS, great work. It's no coincidence that Artimus posts this email the same day Jeod receives the Medal of Honor. Jeod and his team have trained each and every admin that is being praised in that email and, since I haven't said it anywhere else yet: many thanks and congratulations to you and the entire Admin Trainers team. It's through your work that this type of praise is possible. And congrats to our members that have recalled their training and made the decisions that have impressed this gentlemen and pubs like him. Set the standard, always.

True all the way!
 
I just played with Ludwig (The guy who sent the letter) on Anzio a bit ago. Real nice guy. Me and Ronpaul thanked him for the letter.
 
There it is, get it done DoDS, great work. It's no coincidence that Artimus posts this email the same day Jeod receives the Medal of Honor. Jeod and his team have trained each and every admin that is being praised in that email and, since I haven't said it anywhere else yet: many thanks and congratulations to you and the entire Admin Trainers team. It's through your work that this type of praise is possible. And congrats to our members that have recalled their training and made the decisions that have impressed this gentlemen and pubs like him. Set the standard, always.

This is what we strive for: to keep the servers clean and free of punks. It's been the motto from day one, and certainly won't change now. I was thrilled to read that letter, because it means that we as a team are definitely doing something right. The goal of the Admin Training program is to get everybody up to speed with their toolbox and to teach them how to use what's inside. We count on each other to push us, to make us learn and understand, and most importantly, to have a great time gaming.

Admining isn't about being the first to ban someone from the server. It's about exercising your best judgment when necessary, while having fun playing a game you love. Like the Jedi Knights, an admin is a guardian of peace, tasked with protecting the server and it's players from those intent on causing mayhem.

I've never been as proud to wear the eGO tags as I have been today. But it certainly wouldn't be fair to claim any credit without acknowledging the help of everyone else here, as I mentioned in my post in the Medal of Honor thread. Without this division and the incredible group of players we have here, I wouldn't be typing this right now; this is why the DoD:S division is what it is.

Stable. Dependable. Consistent. Level-headed. Fair. Elite. Honest. Thorough. Fun-loving.

These are all adjectives that I feel accurately describe this division and our operations. I read ban requests and contests, and everything is filled out perfectly, with as much information as possible. I read the Drop Box, and rarely see DoD-related problems appear in there. I read the private forums, and everyone typically shows a united front because we understand the same rules. That's just fantastic. This division knows what's going on in the community as a whole, and we know how to have a great time together, especially ingame and in Ventrilo.

I would, however, like to thank two people in particular. The first is Greenlight Terror, who "discovered" me as a new eGO back in June of 2009, asked me to join the Admin Trainers, and helped me to first "learn the ropes" of eGO. That was my start, and for it I am most grateful. Secondly, I have to thank Angreifen, who I have always seen as a mentor of sorts, even today. He does more than most of us could imagine behind the scenes, but is ALWAYS willing to step up and help out. It's because of his leadership that DoD runs as smoothly as it always has, and trust me: he's earned more than one Medal of Honor in my mind ;)

But this isn't about me; it's about you, the EdgeGamers community. I think that Ron has a great closing point here. It's actually also the slogan of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), of which I am a member: "Setting the Standard." This is what we do: strive to be a beacon of light, and set a good example for others so that they enjoy coming to game with us.

My hat goes off to everyone here; thank you, and keep up the great work!


(Note: That's not a "hat" joke, I don't play TF2. I just 'choose to contribute to the fun environment' called Jail when I decide to take a break from DoD. The {TJ} guys know what that means. ;) )
 
Back
Top