Rubber Dome Keyboard Cleaning Tut?

Keyboard Cleaning Tutorial?


  • Total voters
    10

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
Would you guys want to see one? I'm about to clean my keyboard, and I could make a short video about it.
 
My laptop keyboard is insanely dirty, under the keys and all. would this help me out at all?
 
I usually just hold it upside down and smack it a few times. Lots of filth comes out, then I wipe it with a rag. Good as new :)
 
@DanJK
I'm not sure if it would help you, since you have a laptop. But it would help pretty much every desktop user eGO has (minus you, Cut. Damn you and your mechanical keyboard. I'm getting one soon, hopefully! :) )

@Shadows5631
This would be a total cleaning, I mean taking it down to the plastic membranes and everything.
 
YES!

I spilled soda on my keyboard and I heard you could dishwash it to clean it (they keys didn't work anyways, I had nothing to lose). So I put it in the dishwasher and I waited almost a week for it to dry. Finally, I opened it up and that dang little rubber membrane thing was still super wet. And the damn thing didn't even work!

I would LOVE a video.
 
My keyboard could really use a cleanup..
I take pictures of it because sometimes you can forget where they are located.
And I just take out all the keys unscrew the screws and start cleaning...
 
Okay, I'll make it tomorrow.
I probably won't actually clean them in the video, but I will show you what do to.
 
Okay, I'll make it tomorrow.
I probably won't actually clean them in the video, but I will show you what do to.

I will permit you to do some editing if you actually clean them in a video
 
I will permit you to do some editing if you actually clean them in a video

No computer = no editing. If you want me to make a video where I actually clean it, too, it will be probably next weekend. I can show that in another video, but that won't be for a little while.
 
Actually, I can make a short video right now, then make another short video tomorrow on the cleaning process. I predict 2-3 parts for this.
Part 1 = preparation
Part 2 = cleaning
Part 3 = drying

E/ Nevermind, it's late, and taking the keys off is a little noisy. I'll do it tomorrow.
 
Okay, I just shot part one. I won't be able to upload it until later today, though.
 
Video? Tutorial? do it my way:

Step 1: Get a screwdriver
Step 2: Pull out keys
Step 3: hoover
Step 4: attempt to put keys back in original place but fail miserably.
 
what style r ur keyboard keys, and does it even matter, mechanical vs the other type lol

It matters.
I have rubber dome, but I'll probably be getting a mechanical for Christmas.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top