How do I play INS?

eurocracy

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
2,824
I can't seem to get a bullet in the right direction no matter what I try, and for some reason my team mates must think it's funny to run RIGHT imfront of me which turns on INSTANT SPRAY AND PRAY and they get teamkilled. So... How do I play this game?
 
I can't get into it, I'm really used to CS:S and INS just feels really bulky and slow compared to it.
 
  • Practice, practice, practice.
  • Attend one of Rtdriver's and JonPaso's Boot camps.
  • Did i mention practice?

:thumbup:
 
INS is one of the more realistic , CSS is to choppy to me, i started playing cs, then css, then ins. use you cross hairs, move your mouse forward, or what ever your button is set for.... Join vent next time you play, and we will give pointers, we are willing to help
 
If you're use to arcade style shooters then you'll find that INS has a bit of a steep learning curve, but as everyone as already said, practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you'll will get, you just have to have patience.
 
I agree. Game is tough when you first start out. Log some time and it will come to you. Once it does you will be hooked.

Checkmate
 
Yea man Ins requires several skills to get good at the game.
This isn't mw2 or css at all.
9/10's of your kills come from skill not luck here.
Try out a couple of the classes we have 3 per week if you really want to learn the came.
Also I would suggest playing on the paintball map on the fun server or Dust 2. Those 2 maps's are the easy one's.

Q&E key's are very important and you will see it used a lot in this game.
Those key's allow you to take a look around the corner vs just running out in the open and getting shot up.

If not above help you can always jump in vent and say "hey Jason can you teach me how to play Ins" if I'm on vent it's more than like 100% chance that I will say "ok cool what server"

Just don't give up man when I first stated playing I died 19 times in a row for my longest death streak lol but then I got good and my longest kill streak is 69!
 
I too played CSS quite a bit. When I got on INS I started out and got "good" using the M4 Aimpoint because it gives you actual crosshairs to use for targetting, you just need to get used to right clicking to bring up the scope Seems like the delay using the scope is longer than other weapons so I just learned to be scoped before I turn corners and pre-aim on spots I expect targets. I quickly got comfortable with the firing mechanics and also the game mechanics and got to where I was easily and routinely getting kds over 2:1

Once I was really comfortable with that I started branching out into the different weapons that use iron sights and eventually finding my ideal setup. I really don't like any of the marine weapons as they all have the ghost ring sights which just seem to block my field of view. I really love the abilities of the saw but again the sights screw me up every time. I've moved on to finding a real love for (and a talent with) the RPK MG. Personally I think it might be the best one out there. Copious amount of ammo, the ability to fully suppress, open sights and similar recoil to an AK. Can't go wrong.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top