Competitive Team wraps up season

ronpaul

EGO Zealot
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
1,840
6NlDA.png.


Well folks, the DoD:S Competitive team did not advance to the first round of playoffs. Our FDL season ends with a 3-6 record with a couple very close matches. During this season, we got our feet wet and we planted ourselves into the competitive community once again. It's safe to say we'll be returning for Season 4.

When I graduated high school and got my yearbook, there was a fun little section in it called "Superlatives" about my classmates. Since I think it's appropriate to say we've "graduated" from FDL Season 3, why not throw a couple superlatives out there for our FDL Roster. Feel free to add any below. Here's a couple awards to poke a little fun at my guys. It's my way of saying thanks for everything.

IO - "Most likely to develop a fabric fetish"
During this season, it seemed like IO's sole focus in life was to capture flags. One night he called me in a cold sweat complaining about a nightmare he had where we played a match on a bomb objective map. With total disregard for enemy players, friendly players, or ANYTHING else that was going on during a match, this dude made sure he was sprinting towards a flag, whether we held it already or not. Good season buddy. My records are shoddy but I do believe you played in every FDL match we had and that speaks volumes about your dedication. Thanks <3

Spray - "Most likely to miss matches at inopportune times"
Spray doesn't often have time conflicts with eGO and real life, but when he does you definitely notice. This week Spray missed our playoffs Qualifier round for FDL because he was on a hunting trip instead. One Wednesday evening he needed some beauty sleep before getting his frag on at a match. Unfortunately, he trusted his internal clock a little too much and missed the entirety of the match. Nice job Sprizzle. But in seriousness, this season wasn't possible without Spray. I'm only ragging on him because we are competitors and it's my job to keep his ego in check :lol: He got us our server, configs, and maps. He was one of our top fraggers. He helped lobby to get this whole thing going and he helped considerably with strategy, advice, and overall leadership that we all expect from him. Thanks for everything.

Bad Brain - "Most likely to moonlight as a phone sex operator"
It occurred to me half way through the season that Bad wasn't much of a talker... to us. Lonely one night, I called a European erotica telephone service only to hear Bad's steamy Scottish accent whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I realized then that the reason he didn't ever talk during matches or events is because he needs to save his voice for work. I understand, Brain, I promise I won't bother you about it anymore. Really though, good season, you put up solid numbers and got your clips into that sweet frag video. Nice work.

Geno - "Most likely to troll your entire team"
Geno embodied the "fun" spirit of our competitive team, sometimes earning a facepalm, other times a hearty laugh. After being assigned a route on the left side of a map using a rifle, not five minutes later you can expect to find Geno on the right side with a bazooka in a dark corner. One time I was killed and during a few seconds of spectator I saw him running behind an enemy with his knife out spamming the "Enemy behind us!" radio command. Good times Geno, thanks for keeping us light-hearted during the low points.

Sumac - "Most eligible to become Dutchhoper's teacher and mentor"
Sumac found himself in an interesting dilemma from the outset of this season. Support class was limited to two and he was admittedly not a great riflemen, so he volunteered to play a niche role for us as our resident Assault guy. Plinking helmets with the last bullet in each clip, he was a destructive player with a Thompson or Mp40. He was also a solid team player that did whatever he could to contribute to the team, from the creation of our Steam group to helping out with organization, strategy, and everything I asked him or didn't ask him for. I know you're going through some stuff right now buddy but I really did (and do) appreciate everything. You were absolutely an anchor for us all.

Blue Stealth - "Most likely to major in History"
Blue's campus network isn't slow, it's just the most advanced Internet Time-Machine in the world. It allows him to see into the distant past that most of us have already seen. When Blue opened CNN.com today a headline read "2004's Most Popular Tech Gadgets". When he went to YouTube to see the late-breaking videos of Hurricane Katrina he was shocked to witness a video called "Rick Roll" for the first time. Forget Organic Chemistry, Blue, you've got a knack for the past. But don't worry, as a competitive team partner and captain I'm Never Going to Give You Up. I thank you for playing with such horrible lag most of the time and being a good sport about it. When you manage to read this in a couple years, just remember your old pal ron appreciated the work you put into this season. I'd also like to thank the inventors of Cinder blocks without which Blue would have been kicked out of his dorm for yelling at his monitor.

Xiah - "Most likely to kill you with confusion"
In the first match Xiah played in he dropped 35 frags in one half against a pretty good team. I knew he was good, and I wanted to hear what the other team thought so after the match I asked them. "It's not that he's amazing or whatever," they said, "it's that we were bickering in vent the entire time trying to figure out what the hell to call the guy". Whether it's "Zyuh", "Ex-eye-uh", "Sheeah", or the dozen others we considered, "this guy" is going to put the hurt on you. Nevermind the fact he's using a name that looks Chinese, could be a Korean pop singer and is actually Swedish. He joined us late but his effects were immediately noticed. Thank you Xiah for burning the midnight oil just to frag with us. We all know you're a stand-up guy and I thank you for helping us out.

Efren - "Most likely to never have the map installed"
We didn't get many chances to scrim the match maps, so every time we were connecting to the server for our match or practice I held a little bet on who had the map installed and who would still need to download it. Efren, I made money off you every single time my friend, you never disappoint! But really I remember during the early weeks when you stepped up huge to fill in for somebody after a half had been played. We would have had to forfeit and you fragged pretty hard that half, cold, with no warm up. Thanks for that.

Gomezzz - "Most likely to be bad"
Wait, these aren't Blue's superlatives, how'd that get in there? What I meant to say is "Most likely to call hax on everybody, even us - Gomezzz is a specialist in the art of sarcasm and rivals Geno for his trolling ability, but you can rest assured that when you play a match with him you're going to hear about cheats. If he gets shot in the head? Cheats. If he misses a shot? Hax. If you TK him? Well that's okay, it happens... if you CHEAT. Put him on our demo reviewing team and we will quickly run out of pubs after he BANS them all. No, he was really another guy to just make this season a ton of fun. He also joined us later in the season but once aboard he was highly productive, hard-working and a great personality in the locker room. He turned into another guy that was hungry to play and eager to get better. Thanks for the effort man, even though I'm pretty sure you de-friended me on facebook :(

ronpaul - "Most likely to not write his own superlative"
But seriously, if you've got one for me or anyone else I'd love to hear it.

Involvement in the competitive community has absolutely reinvigorated my interest in DoD:S. One, it showed me that excelling in this game is entirely dependent on teamwork and that if you surround yourselves with good people and good teammates you're going to have a lot of fun. I earnestly hope that each player will rejoin me next season, and that we can expand our roster and our presence in the league. I thank all of you very much for participating week in and week out, for sacrificing your personal time, for hanging your heads high when we suffered loss and for being humble with me when we found victory.

Keep in mind we're still competing in DCL and we have a match TOMORROW with our old rivals Fatal Agents. Match details in the scrim section when available, and we'll be in vent if you'd like to listen or watch.
​
 
Last edited:
We'll get 'em next time. Good run, guys! The fact you even won a match is enough to have me feeling proud to wear the eGO clan tag.
 
Fetishes? Gambling? Phone sex? Trolling? Korean pop singers?

For those of you who tl;dr this, that's what you missed out on.
 
yeah, it was a blast, we've had our ups and downs but we've come through it with the respect of the competitive community and i'm sure we'll show them what we're capable of next season.

i seemed to have a radical change in play style as the season progressed. I lost "control" over the CTRL key and thus using support too. Still, i'm improving all the time as a rifle and it suits me better as i can rely on my aim and reactions. I'm still learning as i'm sure all of us are but i'm certain the best is still to come from me, I played every FDL game this season (I missed 1 DCL cause of a broken PC) and I'm more than willing to do the same next season.

I also want to thank ron and leadership for giving the team the go-ahead, we haven't let you down attitude wise and i see no reason why we ever should with this core of players.

also for the luls, heres a screenshot some of you might find amusing. didnt we arange a prize for who dominated him first? lol (check the ping too, i got my demos pulled for fragging with 200-1000 ping all game)
 
Good Job Guys.. keep getting in the practice for next season and I'm sure you'll do good, Good Luck!
 
Little to busy to catch any scrims, but hopefully by next season I will get eG and tryout. Sounds like too much fun!
 
also for the luls, heres a screenshot some of you might find amusing. didnt we arange a prize for who dominated him first? lol (check the ping too, i got my demos pulled for fragging with 200-1000 ping all game)

hehe, we actually played allies first against them so sorry you're too late brain ^^

dod_anvil30000.jpg



Also, big ups to ron for putting it all together and not missing any matches and rounding us all up. Was a lot of fun, great group of guys to play with, good season.

ronpaul - Most likely to play matches drunk. He was drunk every match. Lush much?

ronpaul - Most likely to ask for people to communicate more. Even if everyone is spamming, he still asks for more talk over the mic. Dude is lonely :( .

ronpaul - Most likely to improve team morale. "Hey guys don't worry, just do your best." 10 seconds later .... "@#&&, cmon man play better, you're horrible."

ronpaul - Most likely to make a post berating us for the season ending fail in the near future. We deserve it?

ronpaul - Most likely to steal my heart. <3
 
hehe, we actually played allies first against them so sorry you're too late brain ^^

dod_anvil30000.jpg



Also, big ups to ron for putting it all together and not missing any matches and rounding us all up. Was a lot of fun, great group of guys to play with, good season.

ronpaul - Most likely to play matches drunk. He was drunk every match. Lush much?

ronpaul - Most likely to ask for people to communicate more. Even if everyone is spamming, he still asks for more talk over the mic. Dude is lonely :( .

ronpaul - Most likely to improve team morale. "Hey guys don't worry, just do your best." 10 seconds later .... "@#&&, cmon man play better, you're horrible."

ronpaul - Most likely to make a post berating us for the season ending fail in the near future. We deserve it?

ronpaul - Most likely to steal my heart. <3

hahaha awwww thanks man, pretty good stuff. I got a piece of Bill that night too, so, Bill, if you ever come back and see this, take that!

jySUR.jpg
 
:D

thats another good one too.

ronpaul - Most likely to make us play several matches while we are down a man. Because, guys, it really is just super great experience. =/
 
IO im allies in that screenshot ;), i hope spray and geno got in on it too

so you are my friend. so you are, my bad for quick glancing and seeing a k98!. agree, i hope they did :D if we all dominated him while on allies = win
 
Last edited:
Back
Top