New Maps for DOD:S

Joined
Dec 11, 2010
Messages
76
Hey guys!

Does anyone know if there are new maps on the way for DOD:S or possibly a new release of some of the old DoD 1.3 maps. It?s been a while now since I?ve heard anything from Valve on the subject, and I think new official maps has been a long time coming.

I started out playing DoD on the old Beta 1.3 pre-steam version and I must say I really miss playing some of those maps. I especially miss dod_escape, dod_caen, dod_saints, dod_merderet and dod_glider to name a few.

Anyone else got a favorite DoD 1.3 map they would like to see on source?


-Puff
 
caen and saints are both in dods, caen we had a map trial on a while back, and saints is now called santos which is a common competitive map. im not sure about the other 2, somone may have remade them for source. i highly doubt valve will ever add more content for dods, and maps can be recreated by good mappers anyway.
 
I have over 500 maps lol. Also, dare I say, I have never played DoD (non-Source).
 
I definitely have to check out santos then. I guess there are a lot of custom maps out there, but still, I wish they?d make some official releases, so more servers would put them up.
That?s how most of the DoD maps came to be, mappers making really sweet maps and Valve making them in to official releases, since they were played the most anyway.
If only I could get FuzzDad out of his retirement home? :P
 
I want to see Glider come back so much, it was by far the best and I do mean the BEST map in the world.
 
All this map talk is making me drool :P

Santos(Saints),caen,glider would be an awesome rotation.

I would love to see a rotation server come into play , say , Strand , Santos , Caen and...?
 
All this map talk is making me drool :P

Santos(Saints),caen,glider would be an awesome rotation.

I would love to see a rotation server come into play , say , Strand , Santos , Caen and...?

What about a rotation server with all of the old/classic maps from the original DoD???
 
I'd love to see a rotating map server as well, I doubt it will be happening anytime soon though.

Palermo, Colmar, Harrington, Lennon, haven't played santos or caen but they seem to be getting a lot of positive feedback :w00t:
 
Yeah, a rotating server with classic maps would be cool!

I also like dod_Zalec with the fierce urban close quarter combat structure. It’s a lot like Donner only a bit bigger and with more buildings in a winter environment. And dod_Vincenza is another awesome map where you can blow wholes in some of the walls with satchel charges or a bazooka to gain a tactical advantage. Great map!

“The Allies have broken trough to their sniper ledge!”
 
Last edited:
dod_forest remake would be epic.

But, unfortunately..

As great as a lot of new maps are they lack 2 things. players who actually have the maps, and servers that host the maps.

Any server, even popular ones like ours have trouble hosting non official packaged maps because a lot people don't have them.. Even if the map is popular, the majority of players will likely not have it downloaded and are certainly not willing to sit there and let the map DL via the server.. Thus, server inactivity sets in and the maps are dropped..

Strand is obviously an exception due to its immense popularity in 1.3.. But that's about it.

Annoying because the stock maps get MAD old and there are a lot of amazing 3rd party maps out there. I can't play any stock maps for more then 45 min unless I'm really owning. Even then, after an hour its a wrap for the day. I miss being non stop addicted to a game due to a maps epicness.
 
Last edited:
I totally agree Fabbrini, that’s my grief as well. And that’s why I think Valve should do what they did with the old DoD, take the most popular custom maps and release them as official maps. I’m sure we would see an explosion in new players and server activity, and a lot of old fanatic supporters of the game returning. Adding Strand was a good move, but in comparison, while the old DoD had 22 official maps, DOD:S only has 10.
 
OMG glider merdert..kraftstoff...talk about the good ole days...but yeah if glider was remade i would poo..alot...kraftstoff as well
 
I want to see Glider come back so much, it was by far the best and I do mean the BEST map in the world.

agreed, would make a great dods map.

I wouldn't expect anything official from valve about DoDS any time soon though :( If you really want to help out, check out the mapper forums and remake something awesome :D
 
whenever we expect things and updates from valve they tend to release updates that break the game broker than it was from the last update. i.e flashlight crash, plugin crashing, "status" bug, fixing the "status" bug just to break it again.

Good grammar, I know.

typing to you at 30,000ft :P

-Blue
 
I just want some new guns, but if im really good Santy Claws might just give it to me! (Just as likely as Steam doing it)
 
Back
Top