What should I get?

extremelyhotsauce

EGO Addict
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
1,295
My GOAL is to be able to run Arma 2 on at least high. Other than that I want to run any games I have on max settings. my budget is no more than 280
This was suggested

But the reviews, a lot, were bad

I would like from Newegg, or nvidia, some GOOD, long lasting, all that good stuff.


Time of this report: 12/4/2010, 12:18:02
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista? Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: G41T-M
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3004MB RAM
Page File: 2104MB used, 4132MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode
 
Last edited:
Current specs?
I don't think a 5770 can play Arma II on high. I played the vanilla demo, so it had no optimizations. Not sure on how it is now, though.
 
i played demo too. is that why it lags for me?

Time of this report: 12/4/2010, 12:18:02
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ECS
System Model: G41T-M
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3004MB RAM
Page File: 2104MB used, 4132MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode
 
You'll need a new computer to run it at high. An old Core 2 Duo, especially a low clocked one isn't meant for modern/heavy gaming.
 
its interesting that i found this thread because id say bout a month ago, i was looking into getting a core 2 quad for my system on ebay & they have some good deals (as long as you dont mind not having the box). part of the reason for the price being so high is the company who made the cpu, not to mention to package material that came w/ it. just be patient & save some $$ up.
 
ARMA2 does need a good GPU to run...it was so badly coded, my friend had 2 GTX275s in SLi and couldn't get above 30 fps when it first came out. It has been coded better but minimum specs are a 4850/8800GT and you always want higher.
 
Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

And that went WAY over my head

I am getting
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80580Q8300

and now I need a good GPU
 
Could I get some 60-80 GPU that would be good with that proccesor?

This is really important, I really want to try those realism groups
 
Last edited:
Back
Top