Got my new ram kit today! Very excited

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
Today santa brought me new ram. But not just any ram, Super Talent Chrome.

Why are these so special you may ask? Well, I'll tell you!

They use Elpida Hyper IC's!
These amazing sticks run at 2000MHz. But not only that, they do it at 8-8-8-24 timings! Compared to most ram, that is freaking amazing.

I am going to have so much fun with these :D

They already helped me break 10s in super Pi:
http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1095489_reflex99_superpi_core_i5_650_9sec_968ms?tab=info

I posted a bunch of pics on our blog:
http://hardwaredoken.dyndns.org/blog/?p=99
 
So my question to you is why do you need that fast of ram for that system?

You callin' my system slow punk?


j/k, I plan on using this ram until DDR4 comes about, so I decided to invest in the best now.

And it is realllllly fun to bench. Before this ram, I was getting like 10.800 in superPi.

As you can see, i dropped almost a quater of a second.

here is my run with my XMS3

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1060290_reflex99_superpi_core_i5_650_10sec_860ms
 
How much did it cost? I have no idea about any computer parts but you make it sound cool!
 
Back
Top