General Map Ideas?

SPC.Cowles

Active Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2010
Messages
255
I am a fan of "changing it up" from time to time, and the time is now my friends.

Anyone want to see some newer/different maps? I do. I am only one man....only one man.

(I do understand that I can goto other server communities to get a fix, but what if one of our servers was a dedicated rotator? BWAH!?!?)
 
i would like nothing more than a league map rotation, but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon. as for drop boxing this, i wouldnt bother, leadership has stated numerous times recently that a rotation server is a no go, mainly because pubs tend to leave at map changes.
 
i would like nothing more than a league map rotation, but i dont think thats gonna happen anytime soon. as for drop boxing this, i wouldnt bother, leadership has stated numerous times recently that a rotation server is a no go, mainly because pubs tend to leave at map changes.

I understand that, but I have also seen pubs leave because: "Oh this is the same map again? l8r"
 
i would LOVE a deticated rotation server so much.we should both dropbox dis

Please don't. I'm really getting tired of this being the "go-to" thing around here. Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean that it should in fact go there. I'd much rather see a good argument in there than "LOL I LIEK OTHER MAPS I WANT A ROTATION SERVER CUZ ITS COOL :chair: "

You'd be surprised how often stuff like that makes an appearance.

Rotation servers have never really worked out here because pubs tend to leave whenever the map changes to something they don't like. The point of this thread (as I interpret it) was to at least discuss the idea. That's fine, but as always, don't expect sweeping change because 10 loud people show their support; there are always 50 that don't speak their mind, or do so quietly, and that majority is important. Keep in mind that we also just lost the Sniper Server because it was entirely dead and unsustainable, like Kalt.
 
I understand that, but I have also seen pubs leave because: "Oh this is the same map again? l8r"

It goes each and which way, you can have a full server and the server resets and everyone leaves because it's the same map and they'll do the same on a rotation. As Brain said, I would love to see a league map server also.
 
Please don't. I'm really getting tired of this being the "go-to" thing around here. Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean that it should in fact go there. I'd much rather see a good argument in there than "LOL I LIEK OTHER MAPS I WANT A ROTATION SERVER CUZ ITS COOL :chair: "

You'd be surprised how often stuff like that makes an appearance.

Rotation servers have never really worked out here because pubs tend to leave whenever the map changes to something they don't like. The point of this thread (as I interpret it) was to at least discuss the idea. That's fine, but as always, don't expect sweeping change because 10 loud people show their support; there are always 50 that don't speak their mind, or do so quietly, and that majority is important. Keep in mind that we also just lost the Sniper Server because it was entirely dead and unsustainable, like Kalt.

C'mon! ;)
 
Lennon, Harrington, solitude_match, :drool:

I would like league maps as well, to attract more 'hax' players :P
 
The only thing, to me, that doesnt make sense is we have that open server to be messed with. Argentan obviously isnt getting any attention so why not play around and have it on rotation. Yeah the pubs dont stay around for the map change, but the server has no one in it right now, so we cant really lose anything by playing with it, can we?
 
The only thing, to me, that doesnt make sense is we have that open server to be messed with. Argentan obviously isnt getting any attention so why not play around and have it on rotation. Yeah the pubs dont stay around for the map change, but the server has no one in it right now, so we cant really lose anything by playing with it, can we?

I agree. In all honesty I was just thinking the same idea before reading your comment! it makes no sense to not try.


And as Jeod said, I put this up only for discussion purposes. (I must say though, if this thread occurs as often as he believes, then there must be more than 10 "loud" people who want a rotation.)
 
Please don't. I'm really getting tired of this being the "go-to" thing around here. Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean that it should in fact go there. I'd much rather see a good argument in there than "LOL I LIEK OTHER MAPS I WANT A ROTATION SERVER CUZ ITS COOL :chair: "

You'd be surprised how often stuff like that makes an appearance.

Rotation servers have never really worked out here because pubs tend to leave whenever the map changes to something they don't like. The point of this thread (as I interpret it) was to at least discuss the idea. That's fine, but as always, don't expect sweeping change because 10 loud people show their support; there are always 50 that don't speak their mind, or do so quietly, and that majority is important. Keep in mind that we also just lost the Sniper Server because it was entirely dead and unsustainable, like Kalt.

Was that necessary? That's like the "Hala Kast" to the Kalt players--we're still trying to get over it...

No, seriously...I was sitting here, nodding my head...agreeing as I read along...and then at the very end, when I was ready to make some sarcastic, though supporting, comment, I see ", like Kalt."

It was like you wrote it, reviewed it, Re-read it...and thought, 'Hmmm...something is missing...' Then suddenly a light bulb went off and you said, "Aha!" Then you pushed your glasses back up your nose, added ",like Kalt." and then smiled a big, cheesy grin.

(The maniacal laugh came after you pressed "Submit Reply")

...way to go and do to us Kalt guys what you did to Archduke Franz Ferdinand. :crying:
 
Please don't. I'm really getting tired of this being the "go-to" thing around here. Just because someone suggests something doesn't mean that it should in fact go there. I'd much rather see a good argument in there than "LOL I LIEK OTHER MAPS I WANT A ROTATION SERVER CUZ ITS COOL :chair: "

You'd be surprised how often stuff like that makes an appearance.

Rotation servers have never really worked out here because pubs tend to leave whenever the map changes to something they don't like. The point of this thread (as I interpret it) was to at least discuss the idea. That's fine, but as always, don't expect sweeping change because 10 loud people show their support; there are always 50 that don't speak their mind, or do so quietly, and that majority is important. Keep in mind that we also just lost the Sniper Server because it was entirely dead and unsustainable, like Kalt.

sorry.:(
 
You know...I was going to quote you on that house thread, too, YSD, because you summed it all up so well. But, comparing me to those who killed the Archduke?

AreYouThreateningMe.jpg



I mentioned that to support my point, because it draws just this kind of response. We effectively "lost" two servers because their populations had tanked. Avalanche and Donner aren't having problems of this magnitude, and neither is Strand. Flash is iffy sometimes. Argentan could certainly use more work, and Anzio has done pretty well for itself. But, Kalt went to Argentan, as we all know, and in my mind, was "lost." When I joined eGO, we had Flash/Strand/Kalt on one box and Donner/Avalanche on another, and that's how I still remember which servers are on which box when they go down. But there's no more Kalt right now, hence it being "dead" to me. That's why I explained it this way.

Stay tuned for a "State of the Division" post very soon. I meant to get it up earlier, but got sidetracked with other things.
 
Returning to the original subject... I would LOVE a rotation Map and I dont think that pubs leaving is completely truth... there are map votings in other rotation servers to choose the next map, and honestly, I have frequently been on one particular rotation server and have the nice surprise that Im not the only eGO member there... why not have our own I may ask.

First post btw.

Cheers
 
9. 24/7 =(eGO)= AVALANCHE NO BOTS!
32. 24/7 =(eGO)= ANZIO -INSTANT RESPAWN
45. 24/7 =(eGO)= CHARLIE AKA STRAND NO BOTS!
72. 24/7 =(eGO)= FLASH NO BOTS !
74. 24/7 =(eGO)= DONNER NO BOTS!
306. 24/7 =(eGO)= ARGENTAN NO BOTS !

just goes to show how successful our new anzio server has been. You guys can all give yourselves a pat on the back for making it our #2 server.

As for argentan, its obvious from the numbers above that its not as popular as our other servers, but at the end of its "lifespan", neither was Kalt. Give Argentan a little more time to catch on. We as leadership are very concerned with how well our servers do and the amount of attraction they generate. If Argentan continues to hover at its current traffic level, we will of course consider alternatives, and a rotation I believe is a possibility.

This is not to say that those of you who are still sour about Kalt being replaced should hope for Argentan to crash and burn. If we can get Argentan popular and our other servers remain in good "health", theres always the possiblity of a new server. So keep all this in mind.

-Blue
 
You know...I was going to quote you on that house thread, too, YSD, because you summed it all up so well. But, comparing me to those who killed the Archduke?

Didst thou read my last Century of War thread?

Also, for all those wondering (since I mentioned it)--I was gonna do one Monday...but ended up busy...so I was gonna double-up today...and then had to go spend the day/night with my brother in the ER. Blargh. I'll try to work on it tomorrow and then do a double-up one Friday or something to get back on track.
 
I lost my true believe in DOD when we lost kalt... sorry :(

and no, i wont add any fancy words to ths post
 
This is not to say that those of you who are still sour about Kalt being replaced should hope for Argentan to crash and burn. If we can get Argentan popular and our other servers remain in good "health", theres always the possiblity of a new server. So keep all this in mind.

-Blue

i dont hope it crashes and burns...just think that 1. argentan isnt doing better than kalt by any stretch of the imagination and 2. argentan isnt one of those maps i can play for hours...when there are people who want to play argentan ill get on and try to start it up cause...lets face it...whats best for the community is what needs to be done...and if that means i have to live without kalt...then so be it...but we cant seem to sustain a player population for more than 30 mins or so on argentan...

one thought that i had if leadership decided to test out a rotation server was kalt, palermo, and argentan...a little bit of something for everyone (yes...still wanna see kalt on one of our servers any way i can :P)
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top