Thinking about building a desktop! Need help!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64JDcsyQqt8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Watch that for an in depth look at the case. All the features are why it costs more.
 
I watched it. I think it just needs a side fan! idk, how is mine worse tho.

Side fans are overrated and often times cause more airflow problems than they solve by creating dead zones within the case. Keep it to front, back, and top to keep the air moving in one direction. That Corsair case is the balls BTW and well worth the money.

You're way too obsessed with the surface numbers, # of fans, gb of ram, etc. There's more important things to consider such as actual airflow(not that I think you really need it since I'm guessing major OCing is not in your future), timings, futureproofing, etc.
 
Umm heres the deal, if I go $35 more for that better case then I'll free up $27 worth of fans so I got $62 to upgrade with. Since the one right now is 100, whats the best case for $162?
 
I'll think about it, gonna ask phobus before we reach a final conclusion. I'm just concerned about airflow
 
I found another case that would be a great choice:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2304&cm_re=lian_li_mid-_-11-112-304-_-Product

Lian Li are all aluminum and of great quality. Contain loads of features such as tool less install of components, dust filters, etc. The price on this one is great as well as the fact that it has a hole on the top for another 140mm fan. Also, it is a newer case which means it has usb 3.0 connectors on the case itself. Only real negative here is the connectors on top aren't located in some type of housing or on the front allowing dust to collect in them.

Most of the Lian Li cases are quite expensive pushing $200 and up. I think this one is a great lower end model which still gives you access to the features of upper tier cases while providing ample cooling at a great price (if you realize what factors in to case pricing).

Just another option. I saw you were looking at purchasing some extra case fans before, so with this one you would want another 140mm to be installed in the top.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top