For those who play on non-eGO servers...

Troll says: "Oh, you're an eGO huh. Stupid clan and worthless leaders. <bleep> off."


  • Total voters
    70
As far as bleep bleep goes. If you're wearing eGO tags you obey EdgeGamer's rules. Who's server you're on does not enter into the equation.

Is this accurate? My understanding is that if a server permits swearing we can do so, but we should uphold the honor and reputation of eGO at all times (i.e., dont give eGO a bad name by trolling, advertising, etc). I dont see swearing where permitted as dishonoring eGO?
 
Is this accurate? My understanding is that if a server permits swearing we can do so, but we should uphold the honor and reputation of eGO at all times (i.e., dont give eGO a bad name by trolling, advertising, etc). I dont see swearing where permitted as dishonoring eGO?

like r rated realism
 
I don't even say anything. I just play and don't even pay attention to chat or in game voice. I mostly go to a non-eGO server to work on my other weapons or get my Argentan fix.
 
Is this accurate? My understanding is that if a server permits swearing we can do so, but we should uphold the honor and reputation of eGO at all times (i.e., dont give eGO a bad name by trolling, advertising, etc). I dont see swearing where permitted as dishonoring eGO?


From the General Forum > Information Center

Wearing your clan tag in source mod games

If you wear an eGO tag, the rules apply to you no matter where you go.

On EdgeGamers servers or not. If you are caught not following edgegamers rules, you will be dealt with.

Why would you want to ruin that? Why would you want to take your tag off?

I honor my eGO tag and i will never take it off.

If we see or hear anyone going into non-eGO servers and acting crazy. Here is your warning.

You will be kicked out.
 
Last edited:
So the results are in...and I like what I see. I'd loosely define the 4 responses as such --

Response 2 - Potty-mouth confrontation
To me this is the worst possible reaction we can give. This was also a 'trick' option, as Quaffer pointed out, eGO swearing is not allowed in -any- server as long as you have our tags on. Knowing Compton and Evo, I know they only voted for this option to be funny.

Response 3 - Provocation
The 2nd worst reaction, IMO. This does no good whatsoever, and even if you cause the troll to back down, by then you would have undoubtedly succeeded in showing the rest of the server what a tool you are.

Response 1 - Conflict avoidance/cold shoulder and Response 4 - Mediation/dialogue
This is what I usually do. I either do #1 or #4 depending on whether I feel the guy has any room for an intelligent dialogue at all. Some people you'll never win over or convince no matter how hard you try or what you do, so don't even bother. But there are others who are mistaken about eGO or perhaps encountered 1 bad apple. Like many of you stated here, your long-term mature behavior will eventually win some over.

GG!
 
most of the time i go in and people say what you said earlier, but then they say everyone gang on him and the best is u kill and dominate them and make them kick u for actually knowing how to play which gives me the satisfaction of winning a unwinnable conversation :)
 
My Canadian short-story version of me playing other servers.
I join.
Hear some "Oh, eGO eh? How boot them hax?"
I suck, get a 1-4 KDR.
They accept.
 
just ignore them,there just jealous.
nice poll skip
LOL AT COMPTON AND EVO i hope you guys voted to be funny.(thanks for giving me a good laugh.har.)
 
Last edited:
Folks,

Just a new member here.

I'd make it my personal goal to kill the troll as much as possible and never say a word. The more he whines and complains the more of a fool he or she makes of themself. If they think you are the fool, do not prove it by opening your pie-hole and proving them right!

Toe Cutter
 
i say nothing, i let my rifle do the talking :P
this works even better when they say stuff like "eGO kids" or call us all noobs. nothing like the "noob" getting 7-1kdr on their home server :)

How I missed this thread I do not know. But this :thumbup1:
 
what is a non ego sever? oh yea my memory was over run by awesomeness when i joined eGO and i know only of theses awesome eGO SEVERS!
 
I rarely play on non eGO servers since I barely even find a lot of time to play DoD:s in general.
 
i mainly laugh and repeat "no ur good bro". then mute so you dont have to worry anymore. unless friendly fire is on and hes a goin after eGO
 
People are usually pretty nice to me... But i think we all get some type of hater troll comments... its more like ...Hmm I have THE WHOLE EGO CLAN ON MY SIDE, you have you.

case settled =)
Or just ignore them that works too!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top