Ipad 2 Just Announced!

It's a 3.5mm jack, not 3.55mm. Unless Apple made it specifically 3.55mm, which would then make it proprietary because it's not a standard input.
 
It's a 3.5mm jack, not 3.55mm. Unless Apple made it specifically 3.55mm, which would then make it proprietary because it's not a standard input.

3.5mm is shorthand in technical terms it is 3.55, google my friend.
 
who cares.......the shuffle is cheap anyway, its like $45 on amazon. Freaking some of those accessories cost 50% of the actual device.

Its a good thing just for like workouts and stuff, otherwise i doubt i would use it on a daily basis.
 
I only use my iPod on shuffle, I never individually select song, I think the shuffle has many applications, like my car.
 
I wonder how the Viewsonic G tablet is compared to the xoom and everything.

It can be picked up for only like $350 and it has Tegra 2. Build quality is less but it doesn't seem too bad especially for hte price
 
Cnet reviewed the Viewsonic G Tablet, Pew Pew, and they were disappointed. The hardware specs looked like a dream, but inside they found a lousy lemon. Apparently the official Android market isn't on it, and Viewsonic used Handango's online Android app store. Problem is that a lot of the apps Cnet installed did not work with the tablet. The review will be updated, however, when it receives Flash support (like a lot of the new tablets)
 
No need to get upset there, I'm sorry i insulted your favorite product makers.

Pretty much, Yes i could of just got a new usb to headphone jack online or a new stand from apple for 20 but when something you just recently got breaks you shouldn't have to spend more money on it.

Just like if you were to buy a new video card it worked for awhile, Then burned out and you called the makers of the card and told them and they didn't replace it after you just got it recent that would be money down the drain right?, You would be upset too right?

I guess if my new video card fell out of my computer and I stepped on it, and it broke...oh wait.

Sorry I just can't see the logical connection between a device that broke because if fell off your desk and you stepped on it, vs a video card that just burns out inside your computer during normal use.
 
No need to get upset there, I'm sorry i insulted your favorite product makers.

Pretty much, Yes i could of just got a new usb to headphone jack online or a new stand from apple for 20 but when something you just recently got breaks you shouldn't have to spend more money on it.

Just like if you were to buy a new video card it worked for awhile, Then burned out and you called the makers of the card and told them and they didn't replace it after you just got it recent that would be money down the drain right?, You would be upset too right?

Apple is not my favorite company 1, and I bet if you dropped the video card and stepped on it they wouldn't replace it. Companies are their to make money, not help people, its a sad reality. If you do something to cause something to break, like stepping on it, it voids the warranty. Video cards have a year warranty as long as I wasn't over clocking it and it burned out, they would replace it, so if I did burn it out they would be happy to replace it. Also apple does have pretty good customer support, ask anyone that has delt with them. Last summer I used my laptop at a camp I was working at, with no A/C the humidity didn't work well with my computer (though it was within the operating specs) and the screen started failing, it was making artifacts and turning yellow, and then the dvd drive failed. I called up apple (we weren't near an apple store) they sent me a box, I sent my computer, they sent me a brand new computer with upgraded specs (Went from core 2 Duo to core i7).


Seriously are you stupid or trying to be funny because i'm not laughing, i'm mad at all of you for not understanding my ipod is the only thing i have had trouble and i will no longer buy crap with my own money

Now whose upset and insulting people.....
was told to buy a new stand when it should of been coved and replaced since i just got it and i had warranty on it i

Thats like saying if I buy a car and get into an accident within 2 days of owning it the car company (not insurance) should replace it, because its "under warranty" and I just bought it.

But point is, When you just get a new device and a part gets broken for it and i can't use it anymore i demand them to do something about it because i paid for it and it should of had some kind of warranty but i just was so mad with the whole thing, I put it in the trash.

And trust me I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THIS HAPPEN TO ME!

New products do have warranties, that don't involve, replacing parts if YOU break them. It doesn't have to be apple, if I threw my XBOX 360 across the room because I got mad, I wouldn't expect microsoft to replace it. As for the your own money thing, welcome to the real world, you spend money on things and if you break them you're out of luck.




Anyways....I think the point of the topic about the iPad 2 coming out has been made, and we should probably be locking this in 3 2 1......
 
Last edited:
Cnet reviewed the Viewsonic G Tablet, Pew Pew, and they were disappointed. The hardware specs looked like a dream, but inside they found a lousy lemon. Apparently the official Android market isn't on it, and Viewsonic used Handango's online Android app store. Problem is that a lot of the apps Cnet installed did not work with the tablet. The review will be updated, however, when it receives Flash support (like a lot of the new tablets)

Yea but its been rooted and custom ROMS/Firmwares have changed everything...........i hear the software is really nice right now (not the stock though of course). Im sure Honeycomb will be put on it also eventually, XDA forums says when they get the source code and everything so about a month or the end of march.

Looks pretty compelling with custom roms and everything
 
Thats the problem I see with a lot of android tablets, they look awesome in specs but don't live up to their hype. And all of the depend on future rollouts, like flash, and 4G. Why don't they just come with it? ( at least apple tell you up front you will never have flash) . The motorola xoom is the only tablet I have seen (physically seen) that is a well worth android tablet, although it cost too much. Even my galaxy s doesn't respond too well after using it for a while. Don't get me wrong I'm not an android hater, I have an HTC Evo for a phone, and have at least TRIED other products.
 
4ffb2c50-f67f-4371-bd68-fc0f949e6377.jpg
 
The charger cable from my phone gets pretty bad wear and tear, even if it's my own fault, but Sprint replaces it for free. I think you're seeing this from the wrong angle, iOprah. While yes it is his fault, if Apple had a good customer service department, they would have replaced it free of charge.

Does Apple have any student discounts or discounts of any kind?
 
The charger cable from my phone gets pretty bad wear and tear, even if it's my own fault, but Sprint replaces it for free. I think you're seeing this from the wrong angle, iOprah. While yes it is his fault, if Apple had a good customer service department, they would have replaced it free of charge.

Does Apple have any student discounts or discounts of any kind?

to answer your question, yes, apple does have student discounts, military discounts, and all the other various discounts that most other companies also give.

secondly, i can't speak about sprint giving it out for "free", however, most other companies also give it out for "free", including apple, after of course, you buy their warranty.

Apple care covers the cable. oh and by the way, apple customer service is pretty good. actually one of the highest rated if i remember right. it's a shame that the general public rates customer service on whether they get what they want or not, regardless of IF its actually reasonable.
 
The charger cable from my phone gets pretty bad wear and tear, even if it's my own fault, but Sprint replaces it for free. I think you're seeing this from the wrong angle, iOprah. While yes it is his fault, if Apple had a good customer service department, they would have replaced it free of charge.

Does Apple have any student discounts or discounts of any kind?

Normal wear and tear is different from stepping on the thing and expecting them to replace it.
 
to answer your question, yes, apple does have student discounts, military discounts, and all the other various discounts that most other companies also give.

secondly, i can't speak about sprint giving it out for "free", however, most other companies also give it out for "free", including apple, after of course, you buy their warranty.

Apple care covers the cable. oh and by the way, apple customer service is pretty good. actually one of the highest rated if i remember right. it's a shame that the general public rates customer service on whether they get what they want or not, regardless of IF its actually reasonable.

If you are eligible for the discount, but forget to sign up/mark it down or whatever, will they give it to you if you ask? (Like 2-3 weeks later)

Normal wear and tear is different from stepping on the thing and expecting them to replace it.

But I could purposely screw up my cable, and they'll replace it free of charge. They even said, "If it gets even a little worn, even if you did it, we'll replace it. Just bring it in."
 
Last edited:
But I could purposely screw up my cable, and they'll replace it free of charge. They even said, "If it gets even a little worn, even if you did it, we'll replace it. Just bring it in."

That sounds more like the guy at the store is making sure his customers want to come back to him. As far as the corporation's legalese is concerned, that shouldn't happen. But since there's no way to prove it was normal wear and tear or not, the guy at the store figures it's a safe bet that nobody higher up is going to look into or be able to prove he lied. Then, he shells out a cable that cost him maybe $3 for free but you keep paying monthly bills and maybe even buying a new phone every now and then for triple figures.
 
That sounds more like the guy at the store is making sure his customers want to come back to him. As far as the corporation's legalese is concerned, that shouldn't happen. But since there's no way to prove it was normal wear and tear or not, the guy at the store figures it's a safe bet that nobody higher up is going to look into or be able to prove he lied. Then, he shells out a cable that cost him maybe $3 for free but you keep paying monthly bills and maybe even buying a new phone every now and then for triple figures.

True. It probably doesn't help that I've had to go into the store at least a dozen times with my old HTC Hero, and a few times with my Samsung Moment.
 
Back
Top