Latency

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
I have a problem with latency in bc2 I get 210 however in CS:S I get around 40 ping. Is there a way I can fix this? Also I am looking for a new preprocessor any ideas? I have around a 250 dollar budget
 
Latency depends on your location to the server. Find a server closer to you or deal with it. Unless something is going on with your ISP when you play BC2 you can't decrease your latency to the same server.

What motherboard do you have?
 
I don't know where our CS:S servers are located but our BC2 ones are in New Jersey. I'm guessing that you're just closer to the CS:S ones and there's nothing you can do about it.

FWIW - I'm in Seattle and get a ~65 ping to our BC2 servers
 
There are a few ways I know to fix this.

First: Restart computer
Second: Delete any excess programs to gain more disk space
Third: Close any unused/excess processes
Fourth: Buy a better computer
 
I fixed it.. turns out punkbuster was out dated so all I had to do was update it
 

Latest posts

Back
Top