Sound Driver Problem

PloxBox

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,138
Alright, this has been happening on and off for about 6 months, and im finally tired of it preventing me from playing css jail and tf2.


At random times my sound will go from perfect, to PSCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This usually lasts from 12 hours, to 3 days. So i decided to look at my sound drivers, and i notice that they havnt been updated since 2009! Im pretty sure this is the problem. i would fix it myself, but the site that my driver is from no longer supports it, and does not update them.


Any way, is there a way that i can get new sound drivers (Preferably free) that can replace my non-working ones, and how i'd go apon getting them?

If your interested in hearing this horrible sound (I dont see why you would) I'll be more then happy to suffer through it with you xD
 
Yeah seems like the drivers are going bad on you, But what drivers do you use?

by that i mean do you know who made them?, Like realtek would be mine.

Perhaps i could look around and try to get new ones for you.
 
Alright, I looked here and there is one for 2010 and you could try that one since it's some what newer than one you have now.

http://support.creative.com/Product...gy 2&subCatName=Audigy&CatName=Sound+Blaster#

But whatever you do back up you old drivers if you still have them downloaded incase something were to happen.

If it backfires and doesn't work then just uninstall the 2010 ones and put the 2009 ones back in and hope it doesn't mess up like before.

That's pretty much all i can say and hope for the best.
 
What he means is, if these drivers mess up, you'll have an ability to rollback the previous drivers.

I will explain all this to you if we need to do so. For now, upgrade your drivers.
 
I did everything Angeal had me to do, and no success, the driver hasnt been updated on the site since 2009. Seems like my drivers been out of commision for a while now.
 
It isn't your drivers, then.
I'm using the same drivers from 2007, with no ability to upgrade and I run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Please PM me on Steam so I may offer advanced support.
 
Problem was solved.
He had to switch to an external sound card, instead of using his on-board one.
Please come see us for future problems and tell your friends to visit eGO when they have technical issues!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top