I found myself posting what I thought was going to be a short and sweet response but it turned into a threeish paragraph response on my thoughts on Androind and IOS and I thought I would post it here asking for your thoughts and personal experiences.
Well here it is:
Flash games aren't important to me, Flash is a monster that I prefer die. Its just so clunky in some instances it seems HTML 5 is much more efficient. But I will be the first to admit I base this personal opinion on what I've heard from random people and summary's of internet articles and have not really read into it at all. Steam games? I have logged into my steam account intending to play games in.... Once in the past month or two? I don't know honestly, I would be much more content with the numbers of free games provided by apples Itunes app store.
I would be MUCH more tempted by the Xoom if I had hands on with it I believe. I messed with one in Best buy for a few minutes today and was extremely impressed with honeycomb. Its a toss up, if there WIfi version that I read was being released soonish? and was competitively price, it will then come down to the applications and what instances and situations I might need to put it through and if it can efficiently (Or even could) handle the task I put it through. Like navigating network directory's and messing with files over Wifi, or loading camera pictures, etc.
Personally I LOVE apples operating system, and how THEY control the environment, I've noticed some muck in Android with my Incredible and conflicting applications, and stuff running when it shouldn't and general clutter that could be cleaned up in the code to avoid the use of a third party application like task killer or others of the sort. I do believe Android in the coming versions could become a beast in itself, so far the biggest turn off to me is the battery life factor. I do believe there is a lot to be desired with its "Multi-tasking" Feature in the fact that random applications I didn't even start will force themselves to start in the background and take up valuable battery life and resources. I find it annoying that within Five minutes of me turning on my HTC Incredible that I can go into the Advanced task killer and killer 10 Applications that I can not tell to stay off and I don't even use. (City ID, Skype, and assorted others)
One thing I do like about Honeycomb with my three minute first impressions was the fluidness of the home screens, they flow into one other with beautiful animations and it feels like your using something so futuristic, and is extremely responsive to the touch, on the Xoom atleast.
I would also like to hear thoughts from anyone who has messed with the Atrix 4G or Windows Phone 7 on there thoughts.
Well here it is:
Flash games aren't important to me, Flash is a monster that I prefer die. Its just so clunky in some instances it seems HTML 5 is much more efficient. But I will be the first to admit I base this personal opinion on what I've heard from random people and summary's of internet articles and have not really read into it at all. Steam games? I have logged into my steam account intending to play games in.... Once in the past month or two? I don't know honestly, I would be much more content with the numbers of free games provided by apples Itunes app store.
I would be MUCH more tempted by the Xoom if I had hands on with it I believe. I messed with one in Best buy for a few minutes today and was extremely impressed with honeycomb. Its a toss up, if there WIfi version that I read was being released soonish? and was competitively price, it will then come down to the applications and what instances and situations I might need to put it through and if it can efficiently (Or even could) handle the task I put it through. Like navigating network directory's and messing with files over Wifi, or loading camera pictures, etc.
Personally I LOVE apples operating system, and how THEY control the environment, I've noticed some muck in Android with my Incredible and conflicting applications, and stuff running when it shouldn't and general clutter that could be cleaned up in the code to avoid the use of a third party application like task killer or others of the sort. I do believe Android in the coming versions could become a beast in itself, so far the biggest turn off to me is the battery life factor. I do believe there is a lot to be desired with its "Multi-tasking" Feature in the fact that random applications I didn't even start will force themselves to start in the background and take up valuable battery life and resources. I find it annoying that within Five minutes of me turning on my HTC Incredible that I can go into the Advanced task killer and killer 10 Applications that I can not tell to stay off and I don't even use. (City ID, Skype, and assorted others)
One thing I do like about Honeycomb with my three minute first impressions was the fluidness of the home screens, they flow into one other with beautiful animations and it feels like your using something so futuristic, and is extremely responsive to the touch, on the Xoom atleast.
I would also like to hear thoughts from anyone who has messed with the Atrix 4G or Windows Phone 7 on there thoughts.
















