- Joined
- Mar 26, 2011
- Messages
- 1,732
Is there any real advantage to doing this? I recently have bought a new computer with Radeon 5770 with the option to crossfire is it worth it?
While I'm sure you've already checked, it's good to make sure both your motherboard and PSU will support it without any problems. Just because a board has 2+ PCI-e x16 slots doesn't mean that they run at x16 in crossfire.
Even if the cards run at x8 - x8, it's not as if there is a
game out there that uses all of the x16 bandwidth.
... unless you're running benchmarks and such.
x8/x8 isn't really what I'm worried about. It's if the board would be x16/x1 or x4/x4.
Even if the cards run at x8 - x8, it's not as if there is a
game out there that uses all of the x16 bandwidth.
... unless you're running benchmarks and such.
