- Joined
- Feb 2, 2011
- Messages
- 695
Soo, today I started browsing the web, watching YouTube videos and such.
Out of nowhere (again), my internet took a hit and I wasn't able to watch another YouTube video until it loaded completely...
(Even Google took a while to load).
I took a Speedtest to see what my download/upload speeds were:

Six Days Ago:

(Yes, I made sure I didn't have anything running in the background)
Then I did a tracert:
The cable (TV) is great, but the internet and phone have been "buggy" ever since we've had the service over a year ago.
We've had problems (multiple times) before when an entire day was without internet/phone.
Soo... I looked everywhere in my area, and the only other ISP's around are:
Dialup (with anyone, but incredibly slow)
Satellite (with anyone, but incredibly expensive)
Bell South\AT&T (maybe, they said my area might be out of their reach)
I'd like to know if anyone has a recommendation of what I could possibly do about this, or if they know of a good ISP in my area (other than Metrocast).
(I'll provide my location via PM if you can actually provide me help)
__________________________________________
UPDATE:
While typing out this post, my ISP "sort of" fixed the problem, still not half way there.
Out of nowhere (again), my internet took a hit and I wasn't able to watch another YouTube video until it loaded completely...
(Even Google took a while to load).
I took a Speedtest to see what my download/upload speeds were:

Six Days Ago:

(Yes, I made sure I didn't have anything running in the background)
Then I did a tracert:
Code:
>tracert www.google.com
Tracing route to www.l.google.com [72.14.204.147]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 2 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * 10 ms 14 ms 10.203.80.1
3 * 28 ms 11 ms static-24-245-112-1.cpe.metrocast.net [24.245.11
2.1]
4 15 ms 13 ms 14 ms 72.55.124.9
5 36 ms 81 ms 31 ms te-1-1-0-7-704-cr01.atlanta.ga.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.92.209]
6 32 ms 27 ms 30 ms pos-0-2-0-0-pe01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.86.166]
7 31 ms 37 ms 37 ms 75.149.231.86
8 27 ms 35 ms 28 ms 64.233.174.2
9 54 ms 56 ms 43 ms 66.249.95.148
10 42 ms 48 ms 55 ms 66.249.94.54
11 53 ms 42 ms 44 ms iad04s01-in-f147.1e100.net [72.14.204.147]
Trace complete.
The cable (TV) is great, but the internet and phone have been "buggy" ever since we've had the service over a year ago.
We've had problems (multiple times) before when an entire day was without internet/phone.
Soo... I looked everywhere in my area, and the only other ISP's around are:
Dialup (with anyone, but incredibly slow)
Satellite (with anyone, but incredibly expensive)
Bell South\AT&T (maybe, they said my area might be out of their reach)
I'd like to know if anyone has a recommendation of what I could possibly do about this, or if they know of a good ISP in my area (other than Metrocast).
(I'll provide my location via PM if you can actually provide me help)
__________________________________________
UPDATE:
While typing out this post, my ISP "sort of" fixed the problem, still not half way there.
Last edited:
















