LOOKING FOR 64bit OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true. After a certain point, driver installation is point and click. And it's very well documented, so you're not SOL if you're unsure on how to do it.
 
Cyber begging makes you cool guy on teh interwebz

I never asked to be givin anything. If someone does have something then an offer will be made. Due to being disabled and on a fixed income i cannot afford to go drop $75 to $200 on a used or new OS, from ebay, or box store etc. So I am just asking around to see if anyone has any 64bit os's they dont use anymore. how is that cyber begging?
 
I think reflex was referring to me, but that's because he trolls me on occasion. :P
 
$75-$200 will easily get you a brand new copy of Win7 Home Premium, bro. OEM or not.
 
Windows 7 Home Premium is I think $130. Is it worth that much? Not at all. An Operating System shouldn't cost nearly that much. I mean, think about it. Up until after $1,300, 10% of your budget can't be spent on anything else. That's pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.
 
Well getting married next month, plus 2 kids, and another on the way, rent utilities etc etc dries out the bank really fast.
 
Yeah, I'd definitely consider going with a Linux/GNU distribution, such as Ubuntu.
 
Windows 7 Home Premium is I think $130. Is it worth that much? Not at all. An Operating System shouldn't cost nearly that much. I mean, think about it. Up until after $1,300, 10% of your budget can't be spent on anything else. That's pretty ridiculous, if you ask me.

Oh, for sure. I don't think it should cost 10% of a rig (or more if you're paying less for the rest of a computer) when there are other options that are better and typically free. I was just mentioning that if that's his budget and he wants Win7, it's ... relatively affordable on the budget he mentioned.

Admittedly Windows does seem to overestimate the strength of their presence, though perhaps logically so... a lot of people don't know about the alternative, or are too wary to chase after them. Heck, I'm one of those people that's too wary to leave that comfort zone. It's just not for everybody.
 
I can agree with that. But once you get it set up properly, it will be well within your comfort zone. And it doesn't take much to get it there, unless you go with a distro that you have to compile everything yourself, such as Gentoo or Arch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top