Ordered a GTX 590

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
Just completed my order of GTX 590 on TigerDirect.

Should be here on the 25th.

Expect a review and possibly a video when it gets here.

I am really excited. Now i just need to find a replacement for this athlon......
 
Why a 590? You like the smell of smoke? ;)

Still, sweet buy. You still don't have a replacement board for your 2600k yet?
 
He sold his 2600k, and then complained about his slow processor.
 
A winrar is me. lol Dual core Athlon II+GTX 590. I do not see how there could possibly be a bottleneck.

BTW, they (nvidia drivers) locked the voltage to stock, so it is pretty much impossible to kill them anymore.
 
I've been considering buying the watercooled version for my new build. Seems like a better deal for $180 more than the 580 wced version. Looking forward to your review and congrats!
 
So the card is officallly listed as "backordered" now.

When i ordered it it was instock though.....

TD, sometimes i want to rage at you.
 
So the card is officallly listed as "backordered" now.

When i ordered it it was instock though.....

TD, sometimes i want to rage at you.

All websites do that. The orders are huge, so inventory isn't updated every .01 seconds, or some go missing/box is damaged. It is frustrating though.

In some situations, they'll just send it straight from the company.

EVGA is in California, so it wouldn't take long. MSI and ASUS are in Taiwan though :mellow:
 
Congratulations!

What does it look like? :D

EVGA-GTX-590-cards.jpg


I've been considering buying the watercooled version for my new build. Seems like a better deal for $180 more than the 580 wced version. Looking forward to your review and congrats!

it is an epic deal!

Basically 2 cherry picked 580s, for $300 discount. Now if only the VRMs could hold up......

That's what you get for not showing newegg some love. :p

Newegg = $75 more in tax. They are paying the price for putting their Corporate HQ in CA.

All websites do that. The orders are huge, so inventory isn't updated every .01 seconds, or some go missing/box is damaged. It is frustrating though.

In some situations, they'll just send it straight from the company.

EVGA is in California, so it wouldn't take long. MSI and ASUS are in Taiwan though :mellow:

that would be awesome.

MSI also has an office/warehouse in City of Industry, in literally the same street as eVGA.
 
What screens are you planning on pushing?

I wish they had put more vram in the 590.
 
Last edited:
3X acer X223w

5304x1050

3GB GTX 580s come out in a week, so i wouldn't be surprised if we saw a 3GB (6GB total) 590.
 
reflex.. when it comes, can you post whether it's loud?

I have a GTS450 from EVGA that looks like that too, and my rig is loud, so I'm not sure whether it's the GPU or the CPU fan. My CPU fan is like $12.99, so chances are it's the CPU cooler..
 
reflex.. when it comes, can you post whether it's loud?

I have a GTS450 from EVGA that looks like that too, and my rig is loud, so I'm not sure whether it's the GPU or the CPU fan. My CPU fan is like $12.99, so chances are it's the CPU cooler..

easy way to find out:

Just take out the GPU.

The fans will still spin up even if the PC won't actually boot.
 
easy way to find out:

Just take out the GPU.

The fans will still spin up even if the PC won't actually boot.

Good idea.

The other spinning/noise contributing thing is the PSU.

How would I tell if it's the PSU or CPU Fan making the noise? :confused:

Sorry I hijacked your thread for a bit. I'm excited for you and your GTX. :)
 
run psu without it being connected to a computer by connecting the pwr_on wire to the ground on the 24pin connector

pwr_on is usually the green one, and the groupd is almost always black.

p10100529fa.jpg


^not my image,

you don't need a fancy wire like that, you can just use a paper clip or something.
 
How much you get it for?

We are waiting to get them in where I work, they are pretty pricey.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top