Food recipes

Armadillo Eggs

Shopping Lists:

  • 1/2 pound Monterey Jack Cheese
  • 1/2 pound Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/2 Pound Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage
  • 15-20 Medium to Large Jalapeno Peppers (I like the Empacadora San Marcos ones)
  • 1&1/2 cups Bisquick MIx
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 package Shake & Bake (for pork)


Directions:

  • Grate both kinds of cheese and mix together thoroughly.
  • Mix together half of the mixed cheese, all of the uncooked sausage, and all of the Bisquik.
  • Knead (mix with your hands!) the combined stuff until dough is formed.
  • Slit open the Jalapenos and remove the seeds; wash the Jalapenos for a less spicy end product.
  • Stuff the remaining half of the mixed cheese into the Jalapeno peppers.
  • Now take some of the mixed cheese, sausage and Bisquick dough you made earlier and make a small pancake shape, about 1/8? ? 1/4? thick; use just enough to cover your Jalapeno.
  • Mold it to resemble an egg shape when covered. Should be the size of a large egg or maybe a little larger depending on the size of your Jalapenos.
  • Next, roll each egg-shape into the beaten egg and then coat it with Shake & Bake.
  • Bake for 20 minutes @ 300-325 degrees on an ungreased baking pan.

eggs.jpg
 
Last edited:
CHICKEN CACCIATORE

1 tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. skinned, boned chicken breast halves
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (26 oz.) can whole tomatoes, undrained & chopped
1 c. sliced, fresh mushrooms
1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 c. green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. dried whole basil
1 tsp. dried whole oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. red pepper

Melt butter over low heat in a large skillet; add chicken and cook until lightly browned. Chop chicken, and set aside. Add onion, celery and garlic to butter to skillet; saute until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to skillet with tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.

Serve over White Rice


man, you could put a little bit of this on your forhead, and your tongue will beat you to DEATH trying to get to it.
 
Ahi Poke


Ingredients:
Ahi
Shoyu
Garlic
Onion Green Onion (scallions)
Sesame Oil
Ogo

Cooking Instructions:
Ahi - It is imperative that you get the choicest and freshest fish possible. I now am on the mainland and use a seafood wholesaler to ensure that I get the best cuts. I tend to use sushi-grade fish (#1). You can use #2-plus and #2 fish, but check them out beforehand to ensure the best cuts. Traditionally, Ahi is Yellowfin Tuna and Aku is (darn, I forget) another Tuna. Sometimes, it can be difficult to get Ahi or Aku, I have used Bigeye Tuna with great results. Just don't use Starkist (Sorry, Charlie).

Shoyu - Personally, I like Aloha Shoyu. So much so that I import it from Hawaii by bringing gallons in my luggage or bothering my cousin to send me some. Aloha Shoyu has just the right amount of caramel and saltiness as to not be overpowering. Some alternatives might be that green label light Kikkoman (not bad) or another shoyu of your choice. Do some experimenting and let me know your results.

Garlic - I personally like fresh garlic, chopped into tiny bits. But you can get away with the prepared garlic that is already crushed (I've done that a number of times with great success).

Onion - Take the onion and slice it up into slivers and add to the mix. I think I tried a poke with Maui Onions and that was pretty good. Any white onion will do, be sure that it is fresh!

Green Onion - Also known as scallions, they come in long stalks. Take the majority of the stalk, both the green and white parts (but discard the ends) and chop. Add and mix.

Sesame Oil - This is battle ingredient of Poke. Without it, you've got a bunch of fish and veggies in a bowl with shoyu- sashimi. With the right amount of Sesame Oil, you've got an aphrodisiac! Anyway, use the Asian/Oriental type of Sesame oil. This is the one in bottles that look like they're been browned because the color of the oil is brown. Supermarkets have another sesame oil that is clear in color (clear like vegetable oil), but I haven't tried it and cannot recommend it. It is the nutty flavor of the oil that makes it. Some say use it sparingly, I say use it to taste!

Ogo - What the hell is Ogo? It is also known as Limu Kohu. Ogo looks like twiggy-like seaweed and can be found at FoodLand Waialae, but seemingly nowhere on the mainland. If anyone knows where I can source this on the East Coast, I will be thankful. I go to FoodLand, buy up pounds of it, freeze it and fly it home. The Ogo should be chopped up and mixed in. I keep my ogo frozen and just hack off a chunk and chop it up. I include the seawater ice that comes off to add whatever flavor it might impart (you know, a taste of the Pacific).

Hawaiian Salt - I do not normally use this because I make Shoyu-style Poki. But follow the rest of the ingredients and substitute Hawaiian Salt for the Shoyu. If you use both (like I did once), it becomes a bit too salty and not very pleasant. Just Lomi the salt in. If you don't have Hawaiian Salt, you can use Kosher Sea Salt from Mortons just as well or rock salt (but not the kind you put in water purifiers).

Kukui Nut - Not something that I have really used much of in Poki. I don't know quite where to source it. Be careful if you do get kukui nuts. While they are good for burning as a candle, too much in your poki will make you burn a path in your floor to the restroom. It can be used to soothe constipation in the right dosage, so use sparingly in your Poki!
 
Jeebus' Moist n' Toasty French Cuban Toast

Ingredients
1 Large Egg
1 Cup Whole Milk (Low Fat works as well)
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1/4c Packed Light Brown Sugar
1/4c Granulated Sugar
Salted Butter
Sliced bread of choice (something with a sweet taste goes great with this)


Directions

1) Whisk together milk and egg thoroughly in a medium mixing bowl.

2) Stir in both sugars until well blended. Transfer the mix into a disposable cake pan (or real one if you have them).

3) Heat a large pan/skillet up on a medium-low flame. Take a small slice of butter (about 1/4 of a tablespoon or more, depending on taste) and melt on pan.

4) Take a slice of bread and quickly coat it on both sides with the mix (you may want to stir up the mix to make sure the sugars don't settle on the bottom). Using a spatula, let the toast drip dry a bit of any excess mix. Place on the pan over the butter pile (if its brown by now, that's fine) and let it cook for about a minute or until you can move the bread slice around the pan easily with a nudge of the spatula. Flip it and repeat the cooking method without the slice of butter unless you really like the butter flavor.

5) Cook as many slices as you like and top with a slice of butter and your syrup of choice (you may not need it, but I still use some tasty maple syrup). Serve hot and with a tall glass of milk.
 
Last edited:
Armadillo Eggs Pic

An Armadillo Egg is just a fancy stuffed jalapeno with a slightly crunchy outside.
[see receipe above]
These are too awesome for words to describe, so I'm including a pic:

eggs.jpg
 
Ok heres the Tablet Recipe,

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! Been wondering how you make it for two years, been relying on old people to make it for me.


Anyway


2 minute chocolate cake.


Ingredients

4 Tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa/hot chocolate powder
about 3 tablespoons of milk
about 3 tablespoons of oil
and an egg

Put all that into a mug, stir it up till it's a chocolatey paste, and put it in the microwave. Take it out when it stops rising. Tip it out onto a dish or something.

chocolatecake12sk6.jpg


Not the most attractive looking cake in the world, but certainly the quickest.

Also, add extra milk if you think it's dry.
 
Back
Top