When did you originally make your Steam Account?

Sweepy

I made one post
Joined
May 4, 2011
Messages
3
Member since: September 13, 2003

When did you create yours?
 
"officially" 12/4/04

technically about a year before that actual date but my account has some special stuff and access codes that messed that date up ;)
 
2006. Can't remember why either. I probably saw some game I wanted and it led me to Steam.
 
My first Steam account was from the very beginning, I had been playing CS since beta 5.2. There was a period of time when I stopped playing CS because Steam sucked so bad when it first launched and it basically ruined CS. I vowed to never use Steam again. But then Valve worked the major bugs out and I decided to come back but I couldn't remember my UN or PW so I just started a new one. My current Steam account is from July 19th, 2004.
 
Coming up on a year now. I was taking a little mini-course in college in May. I was just wasting time on the Internet one night, and I saw (I think it was IGN) "VALVE RELEASES PORTAL FOR FREE AND STEAM FOR MAC". I had heard of Portal before, and a little about Steam, but not too much since I had a Mac, and Steam was a PC thing. Interested, I downloaded.

One year, a majority of the Source games, and lots of 3rd-party games later, I think I've done an alright job at making up lost time. :D
 
My account's fairly new, July 6, 2008. Not sure why I even made it back then, we were still stuck on dialup at the time.
 
Member since: November 13, 2005

Easy, since I'm still on my original account LOL. Steam Community page lists the member since...
 
Member since 1/4/2004. I think I joined because of TFC, but cant remember exactly. Problem for me is that I never use the email associated w/ the account anymore, but that doesnt matter.
 
Do I win?

Sept 12, 2003
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:3303

Was a CS junkie at the time(started playing in between CS 1.0 and 1.1) and was in the beta testing of Steam. Still using the same account to this day.
 
Last edited:
From 2006-early 2008, I was using a Steam account that a real-life friend had. He was a console gamer, but had a Steam account for CS:S and HL2. I played on that for a while...and then decided it was time to invest some money into an account of my own.

Member since:
February 6, 2008
​
 
November 29th, 2008

Wanted to play Unreal Tournament 3 and Team Fortress 2. Found out that Steam carried them both, then I was in love (at least with TF2).
 
February 8, 2006...lies. I distinctly remember playing CS CZ in the late 2004 to early 2005 area.
Clearly, something is wrong.
 
Last edited:
Since....November 17th, 2004.

I remember when it was in beta back when I played a lot of HL mods like Firearms and Wanted and was playing CS. Hated it at the time, but now I love Steam! :D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top