Anti Virus software

Raul Tha Monk

Forum Legend
Joined
Aug 25, 2010
Messages
9,709
I been using CA anti virus for like a year personally i never liked it and when i try to do a scan it would close the program but since i got a virus on monday i had to deleted my stuff but i was wondering what would you guys recommend for me i always loved Norton Anti virus but its kinda pricey.
 
If you want one that you pay for:
  • ESET Nod32 (just an antivirus)
  • Kaspersky (just an antivirus)
(These two are great for gamers because of the features)

Free ones:
  • Avast (just an antivirus)
  • Avira Antivirus Personal (just an antivirus)
  • COMODO (complete suite)
  • Microsoft Security Essentials (just an antivirus)

Note that the above listings are only what I know to be good, there may be
others that are better which I have not yet tested.



For weekly scans: (This is for viruses that get through the antivirus)
  • Malwarebytes
  • SuperAntiSpyware


Remember, the above two listed programs are for removing tougher
viruses that are currently on your computer. The others are antiviruses that
actively scan and prevent future intrusions. If they are not enough, then
feel free to post back on the forums in the Tech Help section.
 
Last edited:
The free ones I recommend are Avast!, and Avira. While for paid ones I suggest ESET NOD 32.

I would stay away from Norton although, from my experiences it's not good at all.
 
Try avast! Antivirus, great program have had it for awhile now. Dont get norton ppl know how to bypass that easily, horrible antivirus
 
If you want one that you pay for:
  • ESET Nod32 (just an antivirus)
  • Kaspersky (just an antivirus)
(These two are great for gamers because of the features)

Free ones:
  • Avast (just an antivirus)
  • Avira Antivirus Personal (just an antivirus)
  • COMODO (complete suite)
  • Microsoft Security Essentials (just an antivirus)

Note that the above listings are only what I know to be good, there may be
others that are better which I have not yet tested.



For weekly scans: (This is for viruses that get through the antivirus)
  • Malwarebytes
  • SuperAntiSpyware


Remember, the above two listed programs are for removing tougher
viruses that are currently on your computer. The others are antiviruses that
actively scan and prevent future intrusions. If they are not enough, then
feel free to post back on the forums in the Tech Help section.

I second all of Mr.Game's suggestions. I run Avast! on my home PC with weekly MalWareBytes' scans. We also install MalwareBytes' on all infected PCs that enter our shop.
 
I use Avast!, Malwayrebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy and Adblock, and just generally not being dumb on the internet. Never had to reformat because of a virus.
 
microsoft essentials down load it from http://ninite.com/ norton sucks takes up hdd space and not really all that updated

Norton taking up a lot of hdd space? When was that, 2006?

Anyway, for free AV I second crazykiller. Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials. Note that these two do not do the same thing.

Running multiple antivirus at the same time (for example avira and avast at the same time) can cause your computer to be sluggish and can cause conflicts. If you want to run multiple at the same time, make immunet one of them. It rarely conflicts and is very lightweight.
 
Last edited:
were have u been norton has always took up space in ur hdd u wont know it but open ur program files o look there norton and wait it takes up space... SHOCK AND AWW
 
were have u been norton has always took up space in ur hdd u wont know it but open ur program files o look there norton and wait it takes up space... SHOCK AND AWW

Norton AV takes up around only 100mb more than Microsoft Security Essentials.
 
I use Kaspersky PURE Total Security. It's a product I highly recommend. It includes great antivirus software, password managers, technical support, and a whole bunch of other features.

The only con is its $90 pricetag.
 
kaspersky is a good software i have nothing against it its just cost an arm and a leg. essentials is a good software out there for free.
 
Back
Top