Is this bad form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant B

I made one post
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
7
If other players are swearing in chat/voice, is it bad form to ask them to keep their language clean?

I play ego servers and my family can sometimes hear it, I've noticed a difference when switching to a non-language sensitive servers.
 
We have a server rule of keeping the language clean. if players are not adhering to this, please use admin chat to contact any admins on the server. You may do this by pressing "team chat" followed by the "@" sign.

If no admins are on the server, you may ask the players to please adhere to our server rules. If they continually do not listen and obey, please use ventrilo or steam friends to contact any eG or eGO that may help you out.

Thanks!
 
If other players are swearing in chat/voice, is it bad form to ask them to keep their language clean?

I play ego servers and my family can sometimes hear it, I've noticed a difference when switching to a non-language sensitive servers.

I'm kind of surprised you made a public thread asking if it is bad form - but you left out the details of why you're posting this. In Donner tonight, you were asked to not admin the server when there were several eGO level admins on. It was redundant to have eGO's warning players, and then have you warn the same player only seconds later. You were asked to stop admining when there were admins already present. You then said you gave out warnings "for your own enjoyment". After you had to ask who were the admins, even though all of us admins were wearing our tags, you earned a mute for arguing. Technically, I know the rules - you're an e member, and you should have been kicked when you gave a sarcastic answer to your first warning. My bad, and that won't happen again.

You were unmuted about 4 minutes later. You asked who the admins were, and who had muted you. I answered, and told you to drop the issue in open chat. I also told you to feel free to add me to Steam friends or send me a PM with your questions if you still had any. Instead - here's a public post where you were trying to garner for support for PART of your actions, but you weren't being honest about your intentions.

As for the answerto your "question"?
When players are swearing in chat/voice and there are Admins on the server, and you've been asked to stop trying to out-admin the admins, it's always a good idea to let the ADMINS on the server handle the problem.
 
Thanks for that fluffy. Instead of all the writing and gagging, why not contact me directly instead of gagging and asking me not to out-admin the admins. I had no idea there was a way to chat with admins outside of regular chat and gagging me doesn't allow that does it?

Anyways, please don't be offended - all i asked was to keep the language clean, I think this is acceptable for the most part, I am not pretending to be an admin - just part of the community.
 
Thanks for that fluffy. Instead of all the writing and gagging, why not contact me directly instead of gagging and asking me not to out-admin the admins. I had no idea there was a way to chat with admins outside of regular chat and gagging me doesn't allow that does it?

Anyways, please don't be offended - all i asked was to keep the language clean, I think this is acceptable for the most part, I am not pretending to be an admin - just part of the community.

That's why I private messaged you to add me to Steam friends, or private message me on the forum. Instead - you chose for a public display.

It was when you continued, then wanted to talk about how admins aren't always around and you give out warnings for your own enjoyment.

I've got no beef with people asking to keep the servers clean - especially if admins aren't around. BUT - when admins ARE on the server, and ask you to stop - just stop. That's all. Just stop. Don't argue. Don't keep the drama alive with "I'll obviously have questions" and then "I've asked my question". I mean, you basically dragged me to this post by typing that in public chat on Donner. You're asking for direct contact? How about when I posted "Mutant, please let the Admins admin the server." That was direct enough.

So... yeah, that's all. Oh, and I would suggest you actually read the eGO History and Structure, and of course, these rules:

Server & Forum Rules


No foul, degrading, or racist remarks.
No inappropriate or disrespectful sprays or names.
All sprays and avatar icons used on eGO servers should be PG-13 rated. No nudity is allowed. Final decisions on what is acceptable are left up to the admins in the server.
No cheating, cheat scripts, barrier jumping, map exploits or hacks of any kind.
No griefing.
No F10 or Alt-F4 jokes.
No advertising in servers.
No names or sprays that advocate or oppose a political figure, political stance, religion or nation.
No website URLs in names, sprays or avatars.
No impersonating admins.
No arguing with admins.
Do not disrupt the server in any way.
Do not pester admins.
Admins have final say in server.

Please note: By becoming a member, you agree to follow and abide by our rules and policies.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top