Well, I figured that it would be worth the shot to attempt to post here and see what you guys might think is wrong with my computer. Just for the record I am good with computers but I am beat on this one, haven't ever seen anything like it. and neither has my friends/family who has looked at it.
The computer model is: HP p6130f
I upgraded from Vista to Win 7.
I added an external videocard it is an: XTF Radeon HD 5870
I did not change the ram (It is all good we tested it in the other computer.)
Here is what is happening:
Upon startup (in normal windows boot mode) the Win. 7 will start to load and when the Window's logo appears the computer freezes and will stay frozen until a hard reboot. After the hard reboot is completed it will say that windows encountered an error during the boot process (no crap eh?) and it asks if I want to continue with the normal boot or if I want to launch startup repair. If I boot normally it does the same thing, freezes then requires a hard reboot. If I launch startup repair it freezes, then requires a hard reboot.
Basically everything except BiOS control requires a hard reboot (SafeMode, system restore, etc...)
I have Google'd it for the last month or so and have found nothing. I can't do anything with it.
Any thoughts?
The computer model is: HP p6130f
I upgraded from Vista to Win 7.
I added an external videocard it is an: XTF Radeon HD 5870
I did not change the ram (It is all good we tested it in the other computer.)
Here is what is happening:
Upon startup (in normal windows boot mode) the Win. 7 will start to load and when the Window's logo appears the computer freezes and will stay frozen until a hard reboot. After the hard reboot is completed it will say that windows encountered an error during the boot process (no crap eh?) and it asks if I want to continue with the normal boot or if I want to launch startup repair. If I boot normally it does the same thing, freezes then requires a hard reboot. If I launch startup repair it freezes, then requires a hard reboot.
Basically everything except BiOS control requires a hard reboot (SafeMode, system restore, etc...)
I have Google'd it for the last month or so and have found nothing. I can't do anything with it.
Any thoughts?














