Ventrilo help

Gypsy

EGO Zealot
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
1,580
Hi folks,

I don't know if this is the correct place for this, as it's not technically a "my computer is going haywire - help!" kind of problem, but I hope someone can help me figure it out.

Ventrilo is a strange land to me. I've got the very basics - I can turn it on, get in game, hear what folks are saying, and talk. What I need help with is figuring out what is coming from Vent, and what is voice chat from the game. I don't like to use Vent because I can't separate the two chat streams.

Is there a way to somehow tag what is coming from Vent, so I know which is which?

Thanks!
 
I do not believe so. However, the voice quality between the two does differ, and you should be able to tell what's coming over vent and whats coming over game.

The other option is to just run vent on a different PC nearby, or use dual monitors, so while you're gaming and on vent, you can just look over quickly to see who's talking, even if you're in fullscreen mode for the game.
 
Have you tried using Ventrilo Overlay?

Steps to enable Ventrilo Overlay:
  • Open Ventrilo
  • Go to "Setup"
  • Click on the "Overlay" tab at the top
  • Change settings to your liking
  • Click OK and try it out
(if you have a question about one of the settings, just ask.)
 
Thanks for the pointers - I will see if I can figure out the Overlay.



Overlay up and working - thank you Mr.Game!
 
Last edited:
I thought Overlay was up and working, but it looks like I haven't quite got it right yet. It shows up when I start TF2, but there's no indication of who is speaking, who is coming and going from the room, etc. It shows those things on the desktop, but not in-game.

If someone could please help me figure out which settings need tweaking (or what else I'm doing wrong) I would be very grateful. :)

Many thanks!!
 
Back
Top