Bitcoin guide back up for testing.

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
Finally got it posted up! yay!

If you don't know what Bitcoins are, the guide will explain it pretty well. Basically, they are a virtual-decentralized currency.


Anyways, on the the important stuff:


Link to guide:
http://hardwaredoken.com/blog/?p=239



Thanks!

-reflex
 
Last edited:
If i said our, it wouldn't make any sense.

I almost always refer to it as my site. Since it half is.
 
I'd say closer to 45%. I have 45%, too. I mean Yarn does host it.
 
I just discovered bitcoin the other day, and good thing, I just threw another Radeon 5850 in my gaming rig, so it should pull 700 MHash/s
 
700MHash/s? Good luck on that one. The 6870 is more powerful than a 5850, and reflex gets around 230MH/s or close to.
 
Who wants to run bitcoin when they could be folding!?

people with ATi GPUs

I just discovered bitcoin the other day, and good thing, I just threw another Radeon 5850 in my gaming rig, so it should pull 700 MHash/s

nice

700MHash/s? Good luck on that one. The 6870 is more powerful than a 5850, and reflex gets around 230MH/s or close to.

He added another.

5850+5850 = possible 700 depending on his overclock.

Though it does seem a bit high.....
 
Oh derr. I thought he had a single 5850. Reading carefully is overrated.
 
I thought Rosetta@home and GPUGrid supported ATI GPUs. Apparently I was wrong.

Still, how much do you actually profit after factoring electricity costs?
 
Depends on your card. My 6850 gets probably around 10BTC a week, which doesn't sound like much, but that's a good $70 a week, so it'll cover electricity just fine, since the power consumption is around 127W.
 
finding aliens/other trivial tasks

or

Earning money to support my Folding rig......


Though choice really

I thought Rosetta@home and GPUGrid supported ATI GPUs. Apparently I was wrong.

Still, how much do you actually profit after factoring electricity costs?

*cough*


I can make a bit more than bass on my 6870.

If i didn't mine, i couldn't fold. That is my excuse.
 
use the password and go read it >.>

I unlocked it anyways.

I'm going to fix the indexes now
 

Latest posts

Back
Top