cs_office Questions

SoulFoodVendor

I made one post
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
16
Since I've been playing on office for a little bit now, i just wanted some clarification on "being out of (ct) spawn by 1:30". I have noticed that some admins will enforce it, and some wont :O. It is not in the motd.

The current MOTD reads:
"Welcome to EdgeGamers Organization!
Visit us at http://www.edgegamers.org

Type "motd" to see this screen again.


We are looking for mature Admins. Admin is free at EdgeGamers, apply at our website.

Get Free Tech Help At EdgeGamers.Org.

Server Rules:
Be decent, respectful, and responsible.
No degrading or racist remarks.
No vulgar or offensive language.
The admins have the final word.
Do not spam voice chat or text.
No obscene or political sprays or names allowed.
No cheating, cheat scripts, or map exploits.
No impersonating an admin.

To request admin assistance, submit a ban request, or contest a ban received on one of our servers, please visit our website."


The way i interpret it is that no ct should be "camping" in ct spawn/garage/bunkers past 1:30. What about ct's rotating from garage to front office and vise versa?

Hope i'm not stepping on anyone's feet; I just wanted a better understanding of the "rule". :blushing:
 
The 1:30 rule is mainly to enforce the CTs to attempt to complete the objective which is rescuing the hostages. So if they're going to front office then getting overwhelmed from garage in which they head back to that area to clear out the Ts then they're fine as long as they then continue to attempt the objective.
 
is there a clear & concise definition of "camping" that ego goes by? Also is there a reason why this rule is not in the motd? Also why is there only jail rules on the website for CS:S?

example:
I'm a ct that tried to rush garage since the start of round. T's also rushed. Ends up being a stalemate and I am still in garage along with 5+ teammates. I decide to not rotate but am still inside garage.
 
is there a clear & concise definition of "camping" that ego goes by? Also is there a reason why this rule is not in the motd? Also why is there only jail rules on the website for CS:S?

example:
I'm a ct that tried to rush garage since the start of round. T's also rushed. Ends up being a stalemate and I am still in garage along with 5+ teammates. I decide to not rotate but am still inside garage.

MOTD is a general MOTD across all Source Games. Jail being an exception.

If you're not trying to push up, then you're camping. If you're pinned down but still making an attempt thats fine. However sitting in a corner hiding and waiting in the garage for a T to come, then thats camping.

Basically just use some common sense and if you are camping the admins will let you know.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I will also note that the no camping past 1:30 is part of the rotation server textual advertisements and is set to appear only on servers that enforce the rule.
 
From my view, i have interpreted this rule to make sure the objective is being completed. the player must be actively seeking the objective by 1:30 ie rotating etc, its not just if he were in spawn. if he got to the hosties, but didnt try to bring them back to ct spawn, hes not doing his objective, thus halting gameplay=no fun.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top