looking for the best of the best joystick

ddily

Active Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
367
well i got a wwII base flight game and im looking for joysticks. dont know much about joysticks or what type i should buy, this is a shooting game and its a multi player game. but i would like to go ll out only thing is buget $45.
 
A friend of mine had this setup (custom desk included) and it was great:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-X52-Flight-Control-System/dp/B00030GSJY[/ame]

I'd say get it if you have the money.[/QUOTE]



lol i would get it but money is tight
 
I own a Saitek X52 and it's quite amazing for flight sims. It's subjective whether it is worth the investment or not, but I'm not really sure why you'd ask for the "best of the best" with only a $45 budget.

Anyway, my friend has a stick similar to the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro that reflex linked to. It performs well enough for what it is, and he has no problem keeping up in a BF2 jet. I'd go to a big box store and check out a few different kinds – they'll all have a slightly different feel to them.
 
is this 1 any good
Saitek ST290 Programmable Joystick with Throttle
or
Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y. 5 Stick for PC (CCB4330200B2/04/1)
 
The ST290 (which I also happen to have lying around) doesn't have a "twist axis" which makes it a bad choice for flight control. The F.L.Y. does have such an axis, and would be a fine choice. Again, I think it comes down to how it feels to you in hand. I would run down to somewhere local, like Best Buy, and try a few different ones. You can always walk out and buy online if you find it's cheaper that way.
 
Back
Top