- Joined
- Apr 12, 2008
- Messages
- 3,780
Oh you're totally right about the $$$ for an S&W. I wouldn't say I've had problems with Taurus. But they just have a bad feel to me. Like this is not a quality product. Charter Arms on the other hand, feels like a solid piece of machinery to me, and seems way underpriced for the quality. So it's not a quantitative debate, it's just my opinion.
TBH I didn't set out to get Callahan's gun...except in the sense that anyone who buys a Model 29 has Dirty Harry in the back of their mind even a little bit. I got a deal on it...$600 IIRC and pounced. It had a rubber Pachmayr grip that I hated. And it's not like I'm going to CC that thing anyway...so I got all showy with it. Kinda like when I finally get around to getting that Desert Eagle .50 cal I'm probably going to get the gold plated one
TBH I didn't set out to get Callahan's gun...except in the sense that anyone who buys a Model 29 has Dirty Harry in the back of their mind even a little bit. I got a deal on it...$600 IIRC and pounced. It had a rubber Pachmayr grip that I hated. And it's not like I'm going to CC that thing anyway...so I got all showy with it. Kinda like when I finally get around to getting that Desert Eagle .50 cal I'm probably going to get the gold plated one






















