I'm done playing...

What they nerfed tommy? People complained about it wayyyy too much.

Heavies could still be easily taken out by Snipers and Spy. Backstabbing heavies is and still is fun. Once I do it enough times, they usually switch to soldier or pyro.


Tomislav was NEVER overpowered. It shoots slower then a regular minigun, slower = less damage. Silent spin up, whoopedideo. Whats ridiculous is the demo man weapons. It has NO negatives at all, and takes way too many hits to kill.

demoknight counters:

(1) burn - air blast - they come close- burn more- air blast - repeat. or you can end their mystery by pulling out your axtinguisher.

(2) minigun (natasha will do the best)...good luck getting close to me

(3) soldier....rocket them and their charge will fail

(4) scout...unload on 'em while keeping a distance and being mobile all the time...soda poppa will help a lot. mad milk always helps. if they get close to you double jump over their head and watch them get mad.

(5) sniper...headshot if you can. full powered bodyshot if you want to make them mad. if they get close jarate+bushwanka!

(7) spy...self explanatory

(8) engineer....build sentry gun and watch demoknights fall like flies.

(8) doctor...heal one of the above nearby you.

//done.
 
Last edited:
Until Valve fixes all the broken weapons and drops those damn strange weapon messages from popping up while playing. Not to mention the horrible lag that is always happening now.

It is completely unforgivable to release something that broken. And don't give me any of that free to play nonsense. I paid my money.
We'll miss you buddy, and I heavily agree.
 
Tomislav was NEVER overpowered. It shoots slower then a regular minigun, slower = less damage. Silent spin up, whoopedideo. Whats ridiculous is the demo man weapons. It has NO negatives at all, and takes way too many hits to kill.

i wont go into details but suffice it to say you are very misinformed if you thought the tomy was fine.

but is anyone surprised ?
 
demoknight counters:
(List here)

Playing as Demo Knight I am seeing these adjustments from some players game play lately and starting to think maybe its not so OP now. I have used some of those counters against them and it does work. :chair:
 
Thereven...no...just serenade me...one last time...that voice...oh god i'll miss that voice.
 
Playing as Demo Knight I am seeing these adjustments from some players game play lately and starting to think maybe its not so OP now. I have used some of those counters against them and it does work. :chair:

Demorabian/demoknight in general is OP against new players. One decent player will wreck you after they exploit either your charge or your lack of ranged weapons.
 
Is it me or every update has been deemed broken by the players in general? Are the new weapons really overpowered or you aren't used to fight against those weapons, remember the WAR update? Remember all the crying about the charge n' targe and the eyelander? Valve did reduce their power, but still, we grew used to those weapons and learned how to counter them. And about TF2 being free and everyone complaining because they got nothing for buying TF2 in its time, it's pure egoism.
 
Is it me or every update has been deemed broken by the players in general? Are the new weapons really overpowered or you aren't used to fight against those weapons, remember the WAR update? Remember all the crying about the charge n' targe and the eyelander? Valve did reduce their power, but still, we grew used to those weapons and learned how to counter them. And about TF2 being free and everyone complaining because they got nothing for buying TF2 in its time, it's pure egoism.

Tomislav was undisputably overpowered before it got nerfed. Now it's only disputably overpowered.
 
Tomislav was undisputably overpowered before it got nerfed. Now it's only disputably overpowered.

At least now you have a chance against a heavy. Before they'd do more than enough damage to kill you instantly -> the time it'd take for sasha to even spin up.
 
At least now you have a chance against a heavy. Before they'd do more than enough damage to kill you instantly -> the time it'd take for sasha to even spin up.

I never had much trouble with heavies.......IF I saw them coming at mid/close range. They are OP'd with any gun at that range when they get the drop.

I do agree that the "insert heavy weapon name here" was op'd though. It's easier to blame the weapon than my positioning.
 
the lag seems to have died down really...only weapon i really hate is new demo sheild other than that not to bad really and the notifications are annoying
 
I think Rev should reply to let us know how he is doing.

I'm worried. :(
 
Thereven,

I can see how the uber update may be frustrating; you have worked hard at refining your skills with the eyelander/targe combo. With this update, splendid persuaders are now able to do much damage without much skill. But the difference is simple: skills are acquired (built), not found or purchased. While these demos rely mainly on their new weapons, you have built lasting skills you can apply to any weapon.

You are a formidable opponent, a genuinely caring coach, and an entertaining teamate. As a token of appreciation, I've put together a strange demo set for you. It consists of a strange eyelander, a strange targe, and a strange grenade launcher. I hope it will challenge you to come back to Blackmesa and show these splendid babies how it's done.


Diz
 
Those who paid received the "Proof of purchase hat", and can trade. The free version can NOT trade.

They can trade, very limited trading though.

But they didnt compensate us at all, they gave us a hat and changed nothing for us, they just gave a TINY bit less to the free users.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top