Post your Bf3 upgrades!!

HeadShot

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
1,685
Post your BF3 upgrades, your future PC build, and or current one for this game. Bf3 will be out Oct 25, and I believe it will take alot of hardware power to run it.

Mines:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.7 Ghz
RAM: Rip Jaws X 8 GB ddr3 1600
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 6970
Cooler: Zalman 9700
PSU: Corsair Ax 850
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1tbe
Case: Haf 932 Black edition



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Last edited:
When I built my computer last year it was at 4 Gigs of ram @ 1033, one 500G Seagate Barracuda, a 5770 on a tempest EVO case.

Now it's 12 gigs @ 1333, extra barracuda, two 460's SE in a corsair 600t case.

specs.png


Before

24098_117030558312560_100000168492453_302664_754006_n.jpg


After

268382_254281847920763_100000168492453_1274253_6408391_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
I upgraded to this a few weeks ago:

CPU: i7 2600k
Cooler: Corsair H60
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair AX 850
SSD: 64GB Kingston
HDDs: 2x 2TB WD Black Raid 1
Case: 650D
GPUs: 2x Asus 2GB 6950 DirectCU II's CrossfireX
Using my existing monitors: 3x Dell P2310H Eyefinity

IMG_0545.jpg
 
I upgraded to this a few weeks ago:

CPU: i7 2600k
Cooler: Corsair H60
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair AX 850
SSD: 64GB Kingston
HDDs: 2x 2TB WD Black Raid 1
Case: 650D
GPUs: 2x Asus 2GB 6950 DirectCU II's CrossfireX
Using my existing monitors: 3x Dell P2310H Eyefinity

IMG_0545.jpg

That's a beautiful build :drool: Congrats
 
I upgraded to this a few weeks ago:

CPU: i7 2600k
Cooler: Corsair H60
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair AX 850
SSD: 64GB Kingston
HDDs: 2x 2TB WD Black Raid 1
Case: 650D
GPUs: 2x Asus 2GB 6950 DirectCU II's CrossfireX
Using my existing monitors: 3x Dell P2310H Eyefinity

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/yeSn1PeR/IMG_0545.jpg

Awesome build. Impressive components as well. I can see someone likes corsair :D Is that case as awesome in person as it looks?

How are the temps on your two gpus given they are right on top of each other?
 
Yes really nice looking case Rusty, very tidy. I didnt get much time so my cable management is so so. HEHE I will work on it as soon as I crossfire my Video card.
 
Yes really nice looking case Rusty, very tidy. I didnt get much time so my cable management is so so. HEHE I will work on it as soon as I crossfire my Video card.

Yours was nice too until the pictures disappeared lol. Just need a little bit of cable management and it'll look great. The haf x 932 is an awesome case for managing cables.
 
I hate my molex to 6 pin adapters. They look hideous, but oh well. I'm gonna charge my good camera so I can take better pictures.
 
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz
RAM: Patriot Gamer 2 8GB (2x4GB)
Graphics Card: x2 SLI'd EVGA GeForce GTX 465
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3
Cooler: Corsair H60 (x2 fans)
PSU: Kingwin 1000W Mach 1
HDD: x5 Stripe Set of Hitachi 500GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Those are some nice cases. My 912 isn't as spacious. The graphics cards just fit.
 
PC specs

Entire PC, on my steam acc also

My PC:

Cooler Master - 430 Black Elite
Zumax 750W
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
WD SATA/3gps 1.0TB HDD (Win7 64bit)
Saphire Radeon HD 5870 @ PCI-E 2.0 x16)
ASUS VH226 21.5" (1920 x 1080 @ 32bpp & 60hz)
Realtek Integrated 8.1 HD Audio
Altec Lansing 2.1 desktop speakers
Logitech Illuminated keyboard
Logitech Wireless X7 laser Mouse
Microsoft Windows Experience Index: 5.9
Processor: Calculations per second: 7.6
Memory (RAM): Memory operations per second: 7.6
Graphics: Desktop performance for Windows Aero: 6.4
Gaming graphics: 3D business and gaming graphics performance: 6.4
Primary hard disk: Disk data transfer rate: 5.9
 
Recommended:
Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB
Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

I think we're covered guys lol
 
scaled.php


sorry for the bad picture

MB: ROG Crosshair V Formula
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
RAM: Corsair Vengeance™ DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
VC: AMD HIS Radeon HD 6870 Crossfire-X
HDD: WD Black 1TB for OS 1TB for vid,mp3,apps
SC: (Creative SB X-Fi) fatal1ty
PSU: Corsair 750w
pump w/tank:XSPC
DVD labelflash
 
Currently what I have in my sig, but will probably buy another Gtx 560 Ti and run them in SLI :)
 
I upgraded to this a few weeks ago:

CPU: i7 2600k
Cooler: Corsair H60
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
Ram: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
PSU: Corsair AX 850
SSD: 64GB Kingston
HDDs: 2x 2TB WD Black Raid 1
Case: 650D
GPUs: 2x Asus 2GB 6950 DirectCU II's CrossfireX
Using my existing monitors: 3x Dell P2310H Eyefinity

IMG_0545.jpg

Really nice build. looks really clean.
 
I have no money, so I'm going to stick with what I've got. It runs BC2 virtually perfectly, so I'm sure it will run BF3 very well.

CPU: Phenom II X4 965BE @ 4Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz, mix of PNY and G.skill memory (4 sticks)
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA-790GPT-UD3H
Video card: XFX HD 5870
SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex II <---- If I have to get BF3 on something other than Steam, it will be installed on my SSD. :thumbup1:
HDD1: 640GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
HDD2: 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
PSU: Corsair HX 750-watt
Case: Antec 900
OS: Windows 7 HP 64-bit


WEI scores:

Processor: 7.5 <--- @ 4Ghz
Memory: 7.6
Graphics: 7.8
Gaming graphics: 7.8
Primary hard disk: 7.7

It's hard for me to swallow that my CPU is the weakest link according to WEI, but I'll take it. Also, the SSD is very strong. ;)

I'm set. It's not as powerful as your rigs, but it will work great none the less.
 
Last edited:
Q6600 -> i7 2600k
4GB 800Mhz DDR2 -> 8 GB 1600Mhz DDR3
8800GT -> GTX 560 Ti (and hopefully adding a second later)
Vista -> Windows 7
 

Latest posts

Back
Top