Post your Bf3 upgrades!!

SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex II <---- If I have to get BF3 on something other than Steam, it will be installed on my SSD.

1) You have a great rig too :D

2) Bf3 won't be coming onto steam anyway due to some trademark issues with crysis 2 back then. That's bs because they just want to promote Origin, ea's digital game distribution, to make more money. I already have Dead Space 2 and bf2142 northern strike on it anyway so I might get it via origin. Usually hard copies tend to have more issues.
 
I would suggest getting the K version, meaning it can be overclocked. Just add about $10-20, and maybe getting 6950's and unlock them to a full 6970.
 
With Sandy bridge K processors, it's so easy a caveman could do it. You can get a pretty good perf. boost in like 30 seconds without even having to worry about temps/stability.

Hmm okay. If you say so. My computer skills are at caveman level. If I screw it up, I'm sending you a bill. :mellow:

I want to get a reasonably good CPU cooler nonetheless. I have a Mid-ATX case with the PSU at the top. Will a A50 or A70 fit in the case?
 
Hmm okay. If you say so. My computer skills are at caveman level. If I screw it up, I'm sending you a bill. :mellow:

I want to get a reasonably good CPU cooler nonetheless. I have a Mid-ATX case with the PSU at the top. Will a A50 or A70 fit in the case?

No reliability here. :P

Just spend 15 minutes reading online about sandy bridge ocing for noobs and you'll be fine though.
 
mmspicturei.jpg


I realized I didn't post a pick of my oldie goldie Antec 900. So here it is.

Unfortunately, the Antec 900 has no wire management capabilities without modifying the case, so I'm stuck with a mass of wires. What I did do, though, is I removed the CPU fan because at stock (3.4Ghz) the CPU can be cooled passively thanks to the 120mm and 200mm fans by the CPU cooler. Even without the fan on my TRUE 120, it still idles at 38C (it's only 5 C cooler with a 120mm fan). It's a true testament to this cooler's capabilities.

I think I'm going to keep it this way for a little while. :)
 
Last edited:
mmspicturei.jpg


Unfortunately, the Antec 900 has no wire management capabilities without modifying the case, so I'm stuck with a mass of wires. What I did do, though, is I removed the CPU fan because at stock (3.4Ghz) the CPU can be cooled passively thanks to the 120mm and 200mm fans by the CPU cooler. Even without the fan on my TRUE 120, it still idles at 38C (it's only 5 C cooler with a 120mm fan). It's a true testament to this cooler's capabilities.

I think I'm going to keep it this way for a little while. :)

That's pretty cool. You should look into getting a new case :P I overhauled my rig recently and moved it into the 600t case. I'm sure if you fix those cables your temps will drop even further.
 
That's pretty cool. You should look into getting a new case :P I overhauled my rig recently and moved it into the 600t case. I'm sure if you fix those cables your temps will drop even further.

I really want a new case, but it's not in the budget right now. My wife's system is coming up on 3 years old, and it's in need of an update (specifically a quad core and a DX11 video card). She actually got a new case recently because her first one was a piece of crap, so I'm left with mine for a while. Fortunately, the 900 is a very solid case, even without the wire management capabilities. :)


Anyone want to help me get one of these? I could use all the financial help I can get, lol.
 
Hmm okay. If you say so. My computer skills are at caveman level. If I screw it up, I'm sending you a bill. :mellow:

I want to get a reasonably good CPU cooler nonetheless. I have a Mid-ATX case with the PSU at the top. Will a A50 or A70 fit in the case?

Well you can overclock that thing to 4.5GHZ no sweat. Me, I just turned on turbo mode, which bumped me from 3.3 --> 3.7Ghz. The Bios is really user friendly, and only takes one click to OC. The system pretty much OC automatically if you want it to.
 
There is no way i can run bf3 with my pc right now i was thinking getting a
Intel core i5 or i6
Ram 8gb
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 800
 
Just hit the "Load Optimized settings" IN bios, if you do get an Asus board, which i strongly recommend you do, and It will bump you to 3.7ghz. No need to go any farther than that as it will not make a huge difference.

If you do get the OC process, I dont see any reason not to go further. But I must warn you, pushing past 4.5+ghz is kind of dangerous if you do not know what you are doing.

For me, Im running at 3.7ghz, if you're gaming, the Video card will do the rest.
 
Overclocking right now does not serve much purpose, but it is a great way to get more out of your processor in the future to prolong the life of it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top