- Joined
- Mar 11, 2011
- Messages
- 583
Here's my problem:
My school's website contains individual sets of pages for teachers to use to post information and resources for their students. However, the only way for them to edit their pages is through Dreamweaver, which is complicated, hard to learn, and difficult to use for some teachers.
Here's my idea:
A front-end system that the teachers can simply go to in their web browser, log into, and edit all of their documents, pages, and their navigation menu from there.
Now, I could build this myself, but it would take many, many hours of work, and before I spend all those hours of work, I'd like to find out whether or not there's a CMS that would suit my needs.
All I need is support for multiple users, where those users can edit only their pages, as well as upload files. An editable navigation menu for each teacher would be nice, too, but I'm doubting any CMSs have that.
I've tried concrete5, dragonfly, joomla, mambo, pixie, tribiq, wolfcms, and wordpress, but none of them seem to be able to do exactly what I need.
Any thoughts or input is appreciated.
Thanks!
dRastic
My school's website contains individual sets of pages for teachers to use to post information and resources for their students. However, the only way for them to edit their pages is through Dreamweaver, which is complicated, hard to learn, and difficult to use for some teachers.
Here's my idea:
A front-end system that the teachers can simply go to in their web browser, log into, and edit all of their documents, pages, and their navigation menu from there.
Now, I could build this myself, but it would take many, many hours of work, and before I spend all those hours of work, I'd like to find out whether or not there's a CMS that would suit my needs.
All I need is support for multiple users, where those users can edit only their pages, as well as upload files. An editable navigation menu for each teacher would be nice, too, but I'm doubting any CMSs have that.

I've tried concrete5, dragonfly, joomla, mambo, pixie, tribiq, wolfcms, and wordpress, but none of them seem to be able to do exactly what I need.
Any thoughts or input is appreciated.
Thanks!
dRastic
Last edited:
















