- Joined
- Sep 15, 2009
- Messages
- 1,316
Let me get you guys up to speed on the situation. I'm broke, have no job, and my current video card is starting to die. I will be going back to school soon, so whatever money I will have in the future will go towards it. I still want to play games! This is probably my only chance to get another one for a very long time. I've decided between these 2 cards:
HD6770 (for reference, may buy another brand): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161378&cm_re=hd6770-_-14-161-378-_-Product
PNY GTX 460: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133394
I've already decided on getting the warranty on the 460 if I get it (for obvious reasons). Heres the kicker though. My current PSU only has one 6 pin connector and I don't think I have 2 4pin connectors open. Should I go for the slightly more powerful, slightly more expensive 460, and lose a few important hard drives? Or should I go for the slightly less powerful, expensive, blah blah blah 6770 and keep my hard drives? GO GO GO!
(FYI: I know the 6770 is a repackaged 5770)
Forgot to say, I am open for other suggestions, just think about what I said above.
HD6770 (for reference, may buy another brand): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161378&cm_re=hd6770-_-14-161-378-_-Product
PNY GTX 460: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133394
I've already decided on getting the warranty on the 460 if I get it (for obvious reasons). Heres the kicker though. My current PSU only has one 6 pin connector and I don't think I have 2 4pin connectors open. Should I go for the slightly more powerful, slightly more expensive 460, and lose a few important hard drives? Or should I go for the slightly less powerful, expensive, blah blah blah 6770 and keep my hard drives? GO GO GO!
(FYI: I know the 6770 is a repackaged 5770)
Forgot to say, I am open for other suggestions, just think about what I said above.
Last edited:


















It also doesn't require any connectors, takes all power from the motherboard.


.