Valve Announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive






Valve Announces Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO)


<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">Next Gen Console, PC, and Mac Release Targeted for Early 2012

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, Portal, and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO).

Targeted for release via Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam (for PC and Mac) in early 2012, CS: GO will expand upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago (CS beta 1, August 1999).

CS: GO features new maps, characters, and weapons and delivers updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.). In addition, CS: GO will introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

"Counter-Strike took the gaming industry by surprise when the unlikely MOD became the most played online PC action game in the world almost immediately after its release in August 1999," said Doug Lombardi at Valve. "For the past 12 years, it has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world, headline competitive gaming tournaments and selling over 25 million units worldwide across the franchise. CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

CS: GO is being developed by Valve in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. The title is targeted for release in early 2012 and will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo.

For more information, please visit the CS: GO Steam page


</div>​
 
Last edited:
I bet you a whole lotta money, you have to buy guns. Much like you have to buy hats and items in TF2.
 
Hopefully it is fun,
I've heard that there was a new game coming out for it months ago...
 
Ok, I own a ps3, and they are making CS:GO for it? Kind of upsetting. Why not keep it on PC where all your fans are. I understand the whole money making process of it all, but it wont be the same. They better make it for PC, the just format for consoles.
 
I'm very happy to hear news about a new and or updated counter strike. But kind of disappointed that they will release this to next gen consoles. I'm a PC gamer since I was a kid and I don't like how vaLve (the dev. most dedicated to PC gaming) is going to release this for the 360 and the PS3. But stuff happens I guess...
 
Wow if they are seriously going to release only for consoles it will be a very disrespectful act by them.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top