One-Stop Everything You Need To Know About BF3 (and eGO's plan) -Continuously Updated

If you are familiar with this game mode from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you might want to know we are refining it for Battlefield 3 in a number of ways, based on player feedback. Some of the gameplay tweaks we are bringing to Rush are:
  • You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
  • If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it
  • If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before it?s about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow
:O:O:O:O:O:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Question though: Will the attackers not be able to respawn if the M-COM is Armed and there are no Tickets?

Also....

Players can find all types of vehicles on Rush maps, including transport vehicles, armored vehicles, helicopters, and of course, jets.

Didn't they say no jets in rush?

My Server Wishlist:
  • HC Rush 32 Player
  • Normal Mixed Mode (Rush/Conquest) 32 Player
  • Normal Conquest 64 Player (This will be my home)
  • HC Conquest 64 Player
  • Normal Team Deathmatch 24 Player
 
Last edited:
Damn you Rainbow!!! I just read all the blogs... originally I was planning on holding off on BF3 until after it had been out for a bit... Those blogs really changed my mind, and now I just need to decide which place to pre-order from.

So again... damn you!

IMO Origin offers the best bonuses

  • Physical Warfare Pack
  • Early Access to Beta
  • Karkand DLC (When Released)
 
Battleblog #11

Hardcore and Infantry only? I think so.

If you are familiar with this game mode from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you might want to know we are refining it for Battlefield 3 in a number of ways, based on player feedback. Some of the gameplay tweaks we are bringing to Rush are:
  • You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
  • If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it
  • If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before it’s about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow
THIS ROCKS!!!


Thank you for sharing.
 
Not to sound too noobish, but i haven't been able to follow that much, but just what is Origin? I presume it's something like Steam or what not?
 
Wow they destroyed rush mode.
"If defenders start disarming the m-com just before its about to blow, the explosion is prevented until disarming is completed"

Wow, an easy button for rush mode. This feature completely negates the below feature.

"If the attackers run out of tickets during detonation...."

Negated by the above feature. Rush mode is going to be practically impossible for the attackers.

"Cannot Destroy the M-COM with explosives or shooting at it"

A cop-out for poor level design that makes realism take the hit.

NOTE: I would be completely fine with the 2nd and 3rd additions if the 1st didn't exist.
 
Last edited:
Not to sound too noobish, but i haven't been able to follow that much, but just what is Origin? I presume it's something like Steam or what not?

It's EA's version of Steam...a digital distribution system with a community component. They wanted their share of the profits.
 
Yeah I'm not too happy with the Rush changes. Especially the no-damaging-the-crate addition. It's already hard enough to win as attackers, let alone without being able to damage/pause-the-explosion-so-the-defender-can-defuse crap. In real life, if you're defusing a bomb and you are too slow, you die. The bomb doesn't wait for you.

The only change I somewhat like is the not-losing-til-it-blows-or-is-disarmed one. I've had those matches where it blows up the second after our last guy dies and it's pretty disappointing
 
I don't mind having to actually arm the bomb as opposed to just sitting back and blowing up the building. However I dislike the fact that the defenders get all the time in the world to disarm it.
 
Been starting play BC2 again just to get back in shape for BF3..

Anyone not preorder online and getting the hardcopy just for the box.!

I want to Collect them all!
 
Battlefield 3 - Xbox 360 Operation Guillotine Gameplay Trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzA4dv0xkzg[/ame]​
 
Well I think this Thread deserves to be a Sticky now. Post 180
What u guys think?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top