Mother Boards Z or P!

What mother board do you own?


  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .

Cigarjohn

EGO Zealot
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
1,610
What motherboard do you own? Z68 or P67?

Have you had any good or bad luck with the boards?


Peace.
 
don't really have a point of comparison buttttttt:

I had an MSi P67-GD55. It was actually pretty good for a budget board. Around launch it was one of the best boards for BLK clocking. Now it has been surpassed by the MIVE.

So from a competitive overclocking point of view, it was a pretty amazing board considering it's price. I believe it gave me an advantage. Held my 2600K bench stable at 5.4ish.
 
What motherboard do you own? Z68 or P67?

Have you had any good or bad luck with the boards?


Peace.

Finally got my system built. Powered it on, NO POST. Tested the PSU, works fine. Changed ram around, NO POST. Called ASUS, 1 minute wait time, followed their instructions, they determined I had a dead board. They apoligised and gave me a case number.

I'm RMA'ing it back to Newegg for a replacement.

Looking at Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 or EVGA Z68 FTW if the second Asus board fails me.

How do you like these other two board?

Peace.


Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
 
if you don't like glitchyass boards i suggest you stay MIVE.

and if you just got it, RMA with retailer would probably be faster.
 
You and your silly acronyms. Z68's big deal is that it has that SSD caching, on-board graphics, and overclocking. P67 just has overclocking, and the H67 just has on-board graphics.
 
Asus P8Z68-V Pro here - Love it. The onboard graphics are nice as I plan on using it as a home server in a few years after my next platform jump and taking the power hungry discrete gpus out.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top