Just got a LG Thrill, Need Apps

Beta

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Apr 26, 2008
Messages
5,891
Decided to cash in my AT&T upgrade. This phone is HUGE!

I'm in need of some apps, so throw some suggestions at me! I prefer free but I am willing to pay for ones I'll use
 
Android OS. Awesome. Angry Birds is free on the Android App Market, unlike the iPhone's appstore. There's also an app called GO Launcher EX. It allows you to download themes, widgets, and custom apps and basically trick out your phone even more. There's good themes out there for it. But only use it if you know how to get back to the default theme of the phone. Which is just uninstall the app. :P
 
I have Google Finance - for watching my once stock(since I just sold it yesterday), Weatherbug so I can check the weather - built in GPS makes it know automatically where I am so I get weather alerts for my area. I'd get Facebook for Android and not use the Facebook for LG - it's awful and totally useless. I dunno, all that I use is what I need for simple stuff. I can't think of anything else that plays an important role in the life of my phone. Haha.
 
Games:

(paid)
SpeedX 3d (since it supports 3d, and the thrill has a 3d screen right?)
Trial X 2
Minecraft portable
n64oid (not availible on android market, but available here)
Apparatus
Cut the rope
Fruit Ninja
Guerrilla Bob
Robot Unicorn Attack
The Impossible Game
Robo Defense
Zombieville USA

(free)
Angry birds....I don't really like it, but a lot of people do
ShakyTower
nesoid (also available on SlideMe)
various other ____oids (all available on slideme)


Apps:

free:
Adfree Android (requires root)
Adobe Flash
Adobe reader
Barnacle WiFi Tether (requires root)
Evernote
Google Translate
Google+
Google Music (if you have an invite)
Paypal
ROM Manager (requires root, only useful if you want to use custom roms)
SetCPU (requires root, used for over/underclocking, and over/undervolting, free if you get it from XDA developers forums, link)
Speedtest Mobile
SuperUser (requires root, manages which apps get superuser permissions)
Teamviewer
App for your bank (Union Bank, BofA, Chase, etc)
Either ADW, Go, or Launcher pro. launchers, basically control how the UI looks, I prefer ADW just because it gets me better battery life.
Pandora
Skype
Facebook
vlingo
dropbox
Astro

(paid)
Titanium Backup (requires root)
Widget Locker
Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Hey reflex, I think you meant to say Free for all of those free apps.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top