Get Mesa Back on its feet

Tupperware

Rookie
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
59
What the heck is with Mesa!!! That server used to be full dawn to dusk monday to sunday. no it's full.. oh wait never. GET IN THAR it needs to be revived. nobody likes valve Maps anyway!
 
What the heck is with Mesa!!! That server used to be full dawn to dusk monday to sunday. no it's full.. oh wait never. GET IN THAR it needs to be revived. nobody likes valve Maps anyway!

valvemaps-1.gif


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROPEICInVPY[/ame]
 
Last edited:
The reason that BlackMesa isn't getting filled is cause

A. It lags a bit to much for some people
B. The new location for it.
C. It needs to be revamped

I have talked to alteast more than 50 people about the server and they all say the same things as I have shown you. I have tried on multiple occasions and Vudu to try and fill the server up. Yes, Some people have moved on from the BlackMesa age and now are die hard Valve map fans and some people are just waiting for the moment that the server revives it's self and it's back to the way it was in the past were tons of people were playing on the map. When I try to get people on BlackMesa, everytime I hear "I'm glad to see people playing on BlackMesa again!" or "Is BlackMesa finally back?"

I am a die heart BlackMesa fan. It's the first map that I ever played on when I started playing tf2 and it is a map that has created a great friendship with my friends. I personally would love to see BlackMesa filled again. It would be such a shame to see a map go that actually has a history here in EdgeGamers Organization. A map that actually started them in becoming apart of a family that is now EdgeGamers Organization.

- Wize
 
The reason that BlackMesa isn't getting filled is cause

A. It lags a bit to much for some people
B. The new location for it.
C. It needs to be revamped

I have talked to alteast more than 50 people about the server and they all say the same things as I have shown you. I have tried on multiple occasions and Vudu to try and fill the server up. Yes, Some people have moved on from the BlackMesa age and now are die hard Valve map fans and some people are just waiting for the moment that the server revives it's self and it's back to the way it was in the past were tons of people were playing on the map. When I try to get people on BlackMesa, everytime I hear "I'm glad to see people playing on BlackMesa again!" or "Is BlackMesa finally back?"

I am a die heart BlackMesa fan. It's the first map that I ever played on when I started playing tf2 and it is a map that has created a great friendship with my friends. I personally would love to see BlackMesa filled again. It would be such a shame to see a map go that actually has a history here in EdgeGamers Organization. A map that actually started them in becoming apart of a family that is now EdgeGamers Organization.

- Wize
Let's face it, Blackmesa is getting to be an old map. Playing the same map over and over again just gets boring after awhile. However I will say that this map is quite a piece of art. It's also addicting as hell. That's why people used to play it so much. The server needs something new though. (like the actual release of blackmesa2) Overall, it's just getting old. I doubt it'll be removed from our server lineup though considering that it's Blackmesa.
 
The comment of you saying "Nobody likes Valve Maps" is obviously not true at all don't you wonder why black mesa isn't as full anymore? Sure I try to fill it up with a few buddies every now and then but I mean come on don't say that.
 
I've tried multiple times to fill it up over the past few months. The truth is that only a fraction of the members that used to play on it actually play TF2 anymore, or at least Mesa. In my limited time in-game, sometimes it's just not fun waiting for an hour for a server to fill. Plus, the last few times I've been on Mesa I've had ping problems out the roof.

I'd rather spend time with other members even if it's on other maps.
 
I've tried multiple times to fill it up over the past few months. The truth is that only a fraction of the members that used to play on it actually play TF2 anymore, or at least Mesa. In my limited time in-game, sometimes it's just not fun waiting for an hour for a server to fill. Plus, the last few times I've been on Mesa I've had ping problems out the roof.

I'd rather spend time with other members even if it's on other maps.
I agree, I've noticed a lot of people aren't playing TF2 anymore :( I haven't been playing TF2 because Skyrim used soultrap on me :P & now I might have to have surgery on my right hand(not Skyrim related), so gaming in general is out for me...unless I get a kinect & there's no way that'll happen :P
 
As stated above, new server location killed it and the lag killed it. Im only on valve maps cuz mesa is empty, im sure its that way for most people. On valve maps its always the same 4 maps over and over, Id rather play mesa 24/7.
 
As stated above, new server location killed it and the lag killed it. Im only on valve maps cuz mesa is empty, im sure its that way for most people. On valve maps its always the same 4 maps over and over, Id rather play mesa 24/7.

Actually that's what happen with me too, the new location of the server just kill my ping..... and when i can play i rather Join a most half full server than half empty, so i can have fun at least for 1 hour.
 
As stated above, new server location killed it and the lag killed it. Im only on valve maps cuz mesa is empty, im sure its that way for most people. On valve maps its always the same 4 maps over and over, Id rather play mesa 24/7.

Yep, the lag has been whack since the new server, and I agree about the maps - needs moar sauce.
 
Black Mesa's regulars left mostly due to the lag the some have complained about on the server. Not sure what can be done to fix it, but I hear that replay is on Mesa and that replay is known to rise pings on servers.


On valve maps its always the same 4 maps over and over, Id rather play mesa 24/7.
It's only like this because we need a server full of regulars. The server got back up not too long ago, so its going to take a little more time until we can get regulars to come on here. That being said, we would have to keep play "the same 4 maps over and over" until we can get a dedicated fanbase to come on and not care about what map we're on.


Futurama thread?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PZhONZ3Ac&feature=related[/ame]
 
nobody likes valve Maps anyway!

Please take a good look at my signature before saying that again.

I agree that Black Mesa is a great map, and it is a shame that it's not being full nowadays. I will occasionally play on Black Mesa, but I rather be on Valve Maps. I can't play on 24/7 map servers for too long because I personally like variety.


I must be the only one that had a ping decrease since the servers moved.

Probably. My ping definitely went up with the new location. I wish the servers were back in Texas...
 
The TF2 user base shrunk in general when Skyrim came out, it'll probably be a few more months before things bounce back.
 
I've had a ping decrease after the TF2 servers moved, I live in California right on the coast.

Where is blackmesa now, anyway?
 
i don't know what's wrong with you guys. spidEY made changed several settings the other day to lower ping and now my ping lowers constantly on all the servers. i never go higher than 20. sometimes i never go higher than 9 on a good day. in addition, i never spike anymore.
 
Back
Top