5.0.1 Untethered JB for iPhone 4S/iPad 2!!!

waffles!

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
362
Your point? 95% Of the apple employees have jailbroken phones! Jailbreaking isn't bad, it's what you do with the jailbreak. (I do not-so-good stuff with my jailbroken iPhone :))
 
If apple had their way, Jailbreaking would be illegal.

So yes, it is bad according to apple.

Also, source on that 95%? I am very skeptical.

This can be borked easy, because from what I gather it is not hardware based exploit like the A4 exploit was, so theoretically apple can fix this through a software patch.
 
Your point? 95% Of the apple employees have jailbroken phones!

Well, of the 12 or so people I know who work at Apple, none of their phones are jailbroken.

LOOKS LIKE I ONLY KNOW THE EMPLOYEES WHO CHOOSE NOT TO JAILBREAK
 
I have something like this through red snow. I've had it for like 2 months tethered and a month or do in tethered. Works like all jail breaks before :D
 
My cousin worked in apple for a short period of time and during the introduction to the job they asked how many of your phones are iPhones? Then how many are jailbroken? My cousin said about 5 people out of the 40 there didn't raise their hands... I guess Florida apple employees are baddies... And yes it is an easy fix for apple, but that's why jailbreaker
s VERY rarely update their devices.
 
Wouldnt topics like this be against eGO policy?

Technically its fine. Its not unlawful, although it does break your TOS with Apple.

In the future it may be better to send things like this out over Steam.
 
Understood, but even if it still was illegal people would still do it, because its their product to do what they (the buyer) want to do with it.
 
Understood, but even if it still was illegal people would still do it, because its their product to do what they (the buyer) want to do with it.

But i thought awhile back that jailbreaking an ipod/iphone/ipad was fine? I remember reading that Apple sed your allowed to jail break you ipods n stuff. So technically speaking your not breaking any laws? Or from what i rmember. Could have changed. Feel free to enlighten me if im wrong.
 
But i thought awhile back that jailbreaking an ipod/iphone/ipad was fine? I remember reading that Apple sed your allowed to jail break you ipods n stuff. So technically speaking your not breaking any laws? Or from what i rmember. Could have changed. Feel free to enlighten me if im wrong.
It is totally and completely legal, it wasn't at first. Apple is okay with Jailbreaking AS LONG as you don't do anything once jailbroken to P.O. them.
 
Understood, but even if it still was illegal people would still do it, because its their product to do what they (the buyer) want to do with it.

Just because you can do it, doesn't make it legal, or just.

Currently, installing custom firmware (jailbreaking) is in a grey area. The Copyright office has exempted jailbreaking, for the time being, but that exemption is about to expire.

Rights holders argue that it violates the section of the DCMA about circumventing copyright protection, which in all fairness, is what Jailbreaking/installing custom firmware does.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap12.html

Technically, had such an exemtion not been made, Jailbreaking/installing any sort of non-manufacturer provided firmware would be illegal.

I don't care what you do after it, you could be a good citizen who pays for every song/app/video, but jailbreaking would still be a crime.

Apple does care. They have attempted to sue many times for it. Saying they don't care is a complete fallacy.

however, for now, it is still exempt, so Jailbreak away. Apple is probably going to patch iOS 5.0.2 to fix this is all that I was saying.
 
Just because you can do it, doesn't make it legal, or just.

Currently, installing custom firmware (jailbreaking) is in a grey area. The Copyright office has exempted jailbreaking, for the time being, but that exemption is about to expire.

Rights holders argue that it violates the section of the DCMA about circumventing copyright protection, which in all fairness, is what Jailbreaking/installing custom firmware does.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap12.html

Technically, had such an exemtion not been made, Jailbreaking/installing any sort of non-manufacturer provided firmware would be illegal.

I don't care what you do after it, you could be a good citizen who pays for every song/app/video, but jailbreaking would still be a crime.

Apple does care. They have attempted to sue many times for it. Saying they don't care is a complete fallacy.

however, for now, it is still exempt, so Jailbreak away. Apple is probably going to patch iOS 5.0.2 to fix this is all that I was saying.

I love coming to this thread. Because everytime i look at the title i notice it says JB and i instantly think justin beiber. LOL

Anyways. Well im glad i was right on the jailbreaking. Im useing like some firm ware from 4.0. :P Im an old person. XD I just never updated it since jailbreak me website doesnt support 2nd gen iTouches anymore. :/ Y U NO SUPPORT MY IPOD. I NO SMART ENOUGH TO JAILBREAK MYSELF.
 
Anyways. Well im glad i was right on the jailbreaking. Im useing like some firm ware from 4.0. Im an old person. XD I just never updated it since jailbreak me website doesnt support 2nd gen iTouches anymore. :/ Y U NO SUPPORT MY IPOD. I NO SMART ENOUGH TO JAILBREAK MYSELF.
PM me, I can get you hooked up.
 
Only thing that I'd really find illegal with jail breaking is using installous to download free apps.
 
It is totally and completely legal, it wasn't at first. Apple is okay with Jailbreaking AS LONG as you don't do anything once jailbroken to P.O. them.

It doesn't really matter what apple thinks, the courts ruled against them, fortunately.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top