2Fort Respawn Time

What do you want the respawn time to be?

  • Fast

    Points: 53 82.8%
  • Slow (8-12 seconds)

    Points: 11 17.2%

  • Total voters
    64
We need the Fast Respawn on our 2fort server otherwise we'll lose our regular players!
 
The poll is wrong. Slow is 20 seconds, which it is on right now.

Imo this has ruined the non-stop action we usually have on 2fort :(

Panzer's right - I've been waiting 20 seconds as well.

If I may add to the gripe pile (like you need it... heheh), it's not the waiting per se that bugs me. It's the fact that I can't retreat to another server that has fast respawn. I have grown spider webs between my mouse and keyboard waiting to respawn on Foundry as well.
 
The general trend I have been noticing with this normal respawn is that 2Fort fills up somehow, and then about an hour later it depletes for some reason. This happened twice today already.

I say this as a guy who likes normal respawn, btw.
 
The general trend I have been noticing with this normal respawn is that 2Fort fills up somehow, and then about an hour later it depletes for some reason. This happened twice today already.

I say this as a guy who likes normal respawn, btw.

This was because Quick Play was accidentally turned off for some reason. We are investigating why.
 
I don?t always play on tf2, but when I do i preffer 8-12 second spawn time.

the thing is, whatever the problem is we have to do something about it, 2fort is our flagship server we need to keep it up.
 
Spawns work in waves - every 20 seconds, there is a spawn wave, and you get kicked back to the next wave if you are too close to spawning (within 5s). Basically, you will see some 20 second spawns, but the average will be closer to 10-11 seconds, with fluctuation based on the number f players as well.
 
I liked it just as it was and fine myself playing less on it and looking for other IR 2fort servers. Also, the "regulars" are turning away.
 
I'll second 2di4u -- I'm looking for other servers to play. Half the fun is playing with the regulars. It literally isnt' fun there anymore -- I've gone from playing two hours a night there to not playing there at all -- I'll keep an eye for when it makes it back to fast or instance respawn. Meanwhile, I'll put up with pottymouth servers that have the type of play that I enjoy. Would prefer to be on eGO servers, but you all are making it difficult to convince me (shades of the original dustbowl server all over again -- from one of the top on the internet, with world top-50 people playing on it all the time (regulars) to so dead that you can't get a 6 on 6 going for more than a hour). Please bring back something that good solid REGULARS would wait in line to get on. I might as well be selecting quick play myself *sigh*

[LNG] Suicidal Toad
 
We need Fast Instance re-spawn back!!! I love our Fort server But with a 20s respawn its no fun fort needs to be fast pace... I know almost all the guys that play in the server, 2fort is my fav map and alot of our reg players do not like the wait.
 
Before: I didn't play in 2fort much but I still played there sometimes when I felt silly and wanted to sticky jump, rocket jump, caber jump, blow sentry up, use sydney sleeper and do other silly stuff that silly people do.

Now: I go somewhere else when I feel silly.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top